Chapter 53

The man who she thought loved her with all his heart stood before her. She hid her fist behind her. Her eyes turned ice cold once she exited the company and Parker appeared out of nowhere and walked towards her as if he was waiting for her. "Faye," he called out as she hated hearing his voice. She clearly remembers the last words he said to her, "Shouldn't she be dead by now?"

"Faye?" he called out again. She didn't hide her hate as she coldly said, "Didn't I say let's not meet again."

Parker was stunned by Faye's clear eyes once again. At first, he couldn't stop thinking about Faye ever since they last met. However, once he learned about Faye being with Leo, he thought maybe he could use her to help him get Leo to invest in his project, even though he felt a little stuffy when he heard about Faye and Leo being together.

However, once he stood right in front of her, looking at her clear eyes, all of the thoughts of using her disappeared. "Since I had said what I wanted to say. Excuse me," Faye roughly brushed him off before walking away. He instinctively grabbed her wrist, and her body instantly rebuked him as she quickly yanked her arm away from him. It happened so fast that it shocked Parker. "Don't touch me," her voice trembled in anger. She never ever wanted him to touch her again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," Parker said, still shocked. "I- I.." he tried to say, but Faye immediately shut him down, "There's no need to see each other again. I made it very clear that we are no longer engaged. You should stay with Rin." She walked away again.

"You can't just cancel the engagement without our parents' input," he said, stopping her from leaving. She turned back and smirked, "Parents input? Why do they have to do anything with me? Do I look underage? Even if I was underage, were they there for me? You guys didn't even notice I was gone," her words were dead cold.

"... well... I- I assume... you were at home in your room since you weren't a fan of going out compared to Rin, " Parker tried to find excuses as he also didn't even notice Faye was gone for 5 years. Once she heard what he said, she laughed in her heart as she thought, "It's not that I'm not a fan of going out, but it was that I wasn't allowed to go out. I was mostly forced to stay home."

"I- I," he tried to speak again. "Of course, I'm nothing like Rin. I'm not her, but it wouldn't matter if you know me. There's no point in knowing me now when we won't be seeing each other," Faye said deadly as she turned back to leave.

"W- Wait! I don't understand why you want to cancel the engagement. Didn't you like me?" Parker said, hastily. He didn't understand why he was afraid of her leaving.

Like? Like! She didn't like him, but she loved him with all her being until the day she died because of them. "Do you really think I don't know?" She snickered as a chill went down his spine once her eyes narrowed.

"W- what... are you talking about," he said, flustered and scared as if she could see all his secrets "Did you forget what happened 5 years ago? I know you and Rin are a thing. Do you really think I forgot about it?" Faye's voice was sharp as knives. Parker's eyes widened in shock as he forgot that Faye had seen Rin and him making out in the upstairs living room on their anniversary. "Faye... I-I," he was speechless and tried to say. "And don't think I don't know your purpose here. I think it's best for you to tweak your project, or you will lose more profit than gain. It's good to have great ambition, but it can also cloud your judgment," Faye said deadly before leaving without turning back or even giving one more glance at him.

Parker watched her go as he thought she really could read him like a book before guilt began to grow inside of him more. He now knew why she had such great hatred in her eyes towards him now.

He could still remember how she was before, with the bright, loving, innocent smile she always gave him whenever she saw him.

"Hi, Parker!" a bright, cheerful Faye said with bright red cheeks and a shy smile as she was in her school uniform. She had both of her hands together as her fingers fiddled with each other, showing how nervous she was talking to the person she loved.

"Oh, hi Faye... What's the matter?" Parker said dully, with his friend beside him as school ended and they were heading out.

"Nothing. I just wanted to ask if you were busy now. I-I wanted to... hang out," Faye said as she blushed.

"Oh. Sorry, but I have something to do," he said, glancing at his friend, who was waiting on him. Parker wasn't fully paying attention to Faye.

Faye immediately smiled sweetly as her eyes lit up before saying, "No. It's fine. Sorry for bothering you. Have a great time."

Parker just nodded his head and left with his friend, leaving Faye behind.

"Her again? Are you two dating?" his friend teased. Parker didn't say anything because he didn't want the school to know that they are soon to be engaged. "Dude, she is so plain looking and not as interesting as her cousin. Rin is way better looking and talented," his friend said, nudging him as Rin appeared.

"Oh, Parker!" Rin said, smiling. "Where are you two off to? Can I join you guys again?" she said, brushing her hair out of the way.

"Of course," his friend said as all three of them were walking out of the school gates, laughing and teasing each other. The bright, innocent Faye quietly watched them go as she didn't leave the spot where he left her. She sadly smiled as she was alone.

___

He snapped out of his memories as she was no longer in sight. He remembered how pure she was as the atmosphere would light up when she smiled back then, but now she is quiet and cold, with her clear eyes showing great hatred. He soon realized that she was being the bigger person to end this without exposing his face to the whole city for being a cheater. Soon, the guilt was eating him alive before he made a phone call.