Chapter 30

Once Faye arrived back at Janine's coffee shop, she explained what had happened and settled back down.

"Ian, you are finally here," Janine said as Ian entered the shop. "Oh! You are working at my sister's coffee shop?" Ian said, looking at Daniel. "You two know each other?" Janine said, looking at both of them. "Yeah, he is one of my classmates," Ian said, setting his bag down on the counter. "Oh, that's nice. Don't be afraid to call in if you have homework or have to study for an exam," Janine tells Daniel as he nods quietly. "Why are you working here anyways?" Ian asked.

"I just really like the taste of the coffee here," he said shyly. "Aww, thank you. Not like someone who doesn't appreciate my coffee," Janine said, glaring at her brother before wrapping her arms around Daniel's neck as she has a habit of doing that to Ian. "Sis, watch what you are doing. Aren't you being too friendly? You aren't that close yet. You are making him feel a little uncomfortable having your arm around him," Ian said. "Oh! My bad, it's a habit of mine," Janine said and removed her arm around him. "Sorry, did that bother you?" she asked, concerned.

"No, it didn't bother me at all," Daniel said. "You don't have to be nice to my sister," Ian retorted.

"You!" Janine couldn't stop herself from bursting as she knocked Ian's head. In the midst of Janine and Ian's little quarrel, Daniel stood there, quietly watching those two, but once his eye landed on Janine, a simple, sweet smile appeared on his face with two of his cheeks turning pink.

"Aren't you two being a bit too loud?" Faye interrupted their little fight, and they immediately stopped. Before she could continue talking, her phone rang. "Hey, Andrea. What's up?" Faye answered.

"Hey, Faye. Someone on the phone wants to talk to you," Andrea said. "Oh, is it some guy who wants me to pay money for his suit? Just transfer money to that person, but make sure it's a reasonable price for a suit." Faye said casually. "No, it's someone else," Andrea said.

"Someone else? Who?" Faye asked. "He wouldn't say," Andrea said. "Well, make something up because I don't feel like talking to anyone," Faye said, uninterested.

"Um, about that he said he wouldn't end the call until he speaks with you," Andrea said. "Fine, send him through," Faye answered back. Soon, an unknown caller appeared on her phone's screen. "Who is this?" Faye answered the phone. A pleasant smooth voice answered, "It's funny how you are willing to give a stranger your number but refuse to give me your number. What have I done to you for you to have some resentment against me?" Faye immediately knew who it was.

--

"Have you found out who called? What did Faye say?" Austin said, looking over to Andrea, who finished hanging up the phone.

"Nope, he didn't bother telling me," she said as she saw how concerned Austin was and knew that he had a long crush on her. "I think it will be fine since Faye said she will handle the person," Andrea said, assuring him. "Alright," he said, going back to work. Andrea quietly watches Austin work. "Here, have some. Don't stress about this," John said, directing her attention to a bag of chocolates. She smiles at John before grabbing a piece of chocolate and saying, "Thanks." However, her attention quietly went back to the side view of Austin's face, who was focusing on his assignments, while John had his eyes on Andrea. Robert, who had just returned and was heading to his office. He stopped and looked at the tiny love triangle among the three before lightly shaking his head.