Chapter 8

The funeral arrived and passed. Faye returned from the funeral and was holding a photo of her grandma while Mingy was following behind her. They were walking towards the entrance of the house. "Faye Davidson?" someone said. She turns to see a tall mid-age man in a gray suit and asks, "can I help you?"

"I am sorry for your loss, but I am your grandmother's attorney and wanted to discuss your grandmother's will," he replied.

She simply answered, "Come in." And at that moment, he almost forgot that she was a fifteen-year-old girl. They sat down in the dining room as she placed her grandmother's photo aside with Ming by her feet. "Okay, let's discuss," she said calmly.

"Alright, your grandmother's will states that she has given all her money to you and her belongings, but it seems like she has not finished her will," he said before pulling out the will and showing her the letter that looks incomplete as the last thing she wrote was half done. "I'm sorry to tell you this because your grandmother didn't finish her will and didn't state that you can have her property, including the house. So, it would default back to the sale," he added.

"Wait, wouldn't her property go to her family?" Faye said.

"Yes, but your grandmother claims that she doesn't want anything to do with her daughter, and you are still underage, which means you are under your parents," he said.

"Then take all the money I receive from my grandma and buy this property, including the house," Faye said clearly, which surprised the attorney, and started asking himself if she was a 15-year-old girl.

He gulped before saying nervously, "There's another thing, why I came here today as well, I'm sorry to inform you, but someone had already purchased your grandmother's property and asked me to tell you that you have a month before clearing out..."

Faye's sharp eyes shot at him and said, "What's the meaning of this!" As he felt fear rising in him. "Out of all the days, you come and tell me this the day when I just buried my grandmother and when someone already bought my grandmother's property!" Faye's voice was settled but felt like it was roaring at him.

"Young... lady...," he unconsciously said, "I just recently found out today." He added again before getting up, "I'm truly sorry, but this is all I can do for you. Here is my card if you need anything." He gathered all the information and started heading out.

"Sir," she said, stopping him from leaving. "I would like to know who purchased my grandmother's land?" she got up.

"Here is the business card he gave me," the attorney pulled out a card to hand her. "I hope you have a nice day," he ended.

"Thank you," she said. Once he left, she looked down at the card, and dead silence rose up as Ming started barking. "Mingy, it seems like I can't escape from them," Faye says as the card reads "Richard Davidson," her grandfather...