Chapter 51

Faye yawned as she covered her mouth while she was still reading the report. "You are still here?" Leo's voice came through as he entered the office. She looked up to see Leo, standing at the doorway. She yawned again before saying, "I have to finish reading the reports so I can understand what is going to happen at the meeting tomorrow." She set the report down and stretched her back. "Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Go home and rest," he said. She was stunned for a bit before she cleared her throat. "I will once I finish reading the report," she said, readjusting herself into her seat again.

"You can read it tomorrow. It's late, you should go home," he said. Before she could say anything else, he continued, "Since you wanted to work on my behalf, then you have to work and get off at the same time as me. Also, don't you have a dog who is waiting for you," he said as she looked up into his eyes and silence appeared.

"You remember...," she mumbled as she recalled what she said in the elevator. How she had her head on his shoulder and the warm sensation she had on her hand.

____

The next day inside the meeting room, Faye was sitting beside Leo while Dave was on the other side. She was tapping the end of the pen against the table while listening to the speaker go through the reports. The person finished speaking as Leo added his input.

Before Leo tried to attempt to sign his name on the papers, Faye grabbed the paper as he looked at her, not understanding what she was doing. "Since you can't sign your name. I'll sign it for you, instead. Consider it as a worker here," Faye said, looking at his sprained wrist, and she signed her name.

"Alright, the meeting is done," Leo said before everyone left the meeting room.

"I have to attend an event. You don't have to assist me," Leo said as he got up. "Since I am working on your behalf, then it's only right to go where you go," Faye shrugged as she got up as well.

In the midst of Faye and Leo's little quarrel, Dave was trying his best to get all the signed papers together before leaving. "Dave, my grandfather is attending the event today, correct?" Leo looked at Dave as he ignored Faye's gaze.

"If I remember correctly, yes." Dave looked up. "Alright, Dave will be assisting. You can stay back," Leo said to Faye. Faye raised her eyebrows as she didn't understand why he didn't want her to attend the event because his grandfather is going to be there. It was not like she met his grandfather before.

"Like I said before there's no harm in having an extra set of hands to assist," Faye said.

"There's nothing for you to do, but stand next to me, which I don't think you would like to do," Leo said, "Alright, Dave, I'll meet you in the car once you put those papers away," Leo exited the meeting room.

Faye would usually not care and would rather stay behind; however, she felt like he was trying to keep her away from his grandfather for some reason as it tugged at her heart, making her stubbornness refuse to let it go. She followed Leo.

Leo obviously noticed Faye trailing behind him, "Didn't I tell you don't have to go," he sighed as if he was trying to convince a child. She didn't say anything and stared at him, waiting for him to continue on.

"Oh, Leo. I thought you said you were going to meet me in the car," Dave said as he reached them.

He sighed before giving up, "Alright." He couldn't help but always give in when it comes to Faye.

They went down the elevator. Leo glanced at Faye as he didn't understand why she was so stubborn lately. He understood that she felt guilty for getting him injured, but it was not like her to care this much since he had seen her attitude before. He looked down at his braced wrist. Faye noticed him looking at his wrist before looking down at her hand and covering the band-aid on her head with her hair. Poor Dave stood there awkwardly with them.

____

They reached the event and got out of the car. "Faye, you can go stand with your grandfather once we enter the event. There's no need to be with me," Leo instructed as they entered the event.

Faye was about to say something before someone called her name. She turned her head in the direction of the person who called her name. "Gramps?" she said as her grandfather glared at Leo before relooking at his granddaughter.

"What are you doing here? It's surprising to see you showing up at these events of your own free will," her grandfather said.

"Leo," a deep voice called as an elderly man who looked the same age as Faye's grandfather walked towards them. "Grandfather," Leo respectfully greets his elder.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Mr. Davidson," Leo's grandfather said with great hostility.

"Humph," Faye's grandfather didn't bother saying anything to the likes of him. "Faye, let's go," her grandfather said to her as she followed him along with Ben. Leo's grandfather coldly glanced at her, but once he fully looked at her his eyes softened in shock. Faye immediately knew why Leo didn't want her there. It didn't seem like his grandfather liked her or her grandfather.

"Did he force you?" her grandfather said deadly as they still walked. "Of course not," Faye replied. "Then why are you here? Knowing you, I know you hate attending events or anything that has crowds of people," her grandfather said. She also could tell her grandfather didn't like them as well as if they had some hidden feud.

"Don't like owing others," she shrugged as her grandfather immediately knew what she was talking about.

"Then I will send him money for the hospital fee," her grandfather said as he waved to Ben before Ben pulled out his phone. "That's not necessary, Gramps. Why would he need your money? He is already rich," Faye said.

"Humph, I'm richer than him. He should be thankful that I'm sending him money," her grandfather said, ignorant. She covered her mouth to cover her chuckles at her grandfather's remark. "If you want to repay him by helping him work, I can send someone in your place to help until he fully recovers," her grandfather said.

"That's not necessary. Since it's my matter I'll handle it," she said.

"Alright," her grandfather said as Ben put his phone away. She started to wonder why her grandfather didn't like Leo's grandfather.