SS: Janine's Expected Love Part 2

"Are you ready to go?" Leo asked with a smile once he arrived at the coffee shop. He dusted himself off before walking to Faye.

Faye set the cup down before grabbing her coat and putting it on. "See you, Janine," Faye said.

"Bye, you two!" Janine said, waving to them before they exited the shop. Once Leo and Faye stepped one foot outside, the cold winter breeze slapped their faces.

"You must be cold," Leo said before grabbing her hand and shoving it into his pocket.

"I think you are the cold one," Faye said with a smile. "Yes, I am," Leo said, leaning his body toward her.

"Hey, stop messing around," Faye said, squeezing the hand that she was holding in his pocket. "Oh, how was your check-up? Did you talk to Vincent?" she asked.

"It sounds like you care more about that than my health," Leo said.

"Of course, I already know that you are healthy," Faye said.

"You do?" Leo smirked and teased her with his eyes. She tightened her lips before pinching him. She quickly ignored his remark and tried to get back to the topic. "So what did he say," she said.

Leo sighed in disappointment before replying back to her. "He doesn't seem to notice either, but don't worry since I brought it up. He won't let it go until he sees it," Leo said, "Come on, it's getting colder," trying to move them towards the car, but Faye didn't move. She knew right away that he was slightly sulking. She smiled before using her other hand to pull his collar down to have her lips kiss his lips. "Better," she said, finishing her tiny peak.

At first, his eyes were surprised before he said, "Not even close," and grabbed the back of her head and deeply kissed her with their tongues intertwined together.

_____

"Janine?" Elle called her.

"Hmm?" Janine said, turning her head to look at Elle as she was making a cappuccino.

"Um, I was wondering if you could show me how you make a flat white," Elle said. Her cheeks were getting red. Janine tilted her head in confusion before saying, "Don't you already know how to make it?"

"Well, I wanted to know how you make... Vincent's... flat white...," she said softly.

"Huh?" Janine said, not hearing the last part.

"Vin-" Elle tried to say before the door opened and Vincent entered the shop.

"Oh, Vincent. How are you?" Janine said, glancing at him. He looked straight at Janine before smiling at her. Janine also smiled at him while both Daniel and Elle watched them quietly.

"Sorry, what did you say, Elle?" Janine said while Vincent went to his usual spot.

"Umm, nothing, but can I make Vincent's drink," Elle said.

"Oh sure...," Janine said even though she felt oddly sour deep in her heart but didn't say anything.

"Janine?" Daniel called to her. "Yes," Janine said, pushing her feelings away.

"Can you help me bring these out to the customer?" he said as he had many drinks but not enough hands. "Sure," Janine said with a smile. She got close to him and accidentally brushed against his hand, making his face turn pink. They both carried the drinks to the customers. While Vincent didn't even notice Daniel's gaze as he was thinking that he didn't understand what Leo meant since he didn't seem to notice anything unusual.

The coffee shop doors opened again, and Ian entered. He saw his sister with Daniel and Vincent waiting. Ian walked towards the counter before settling down. "Ian, how was class today?" Janine said, noticing him.

"Fine," he answered as Janine and Daniel went back behind the counter.

"Janine," Elle said quietly.

"Yes?" Janine answered back. "Can you bring it out," Elle said while Ian raised his eyebrow noticing the drink.

"Why? Vincent doesn't bite," Janine said, not understanding. "I know... but I'm just not comfortable giving it to him," Elle said since she knew he liked it when Janine gave it to him. So, she was hoping he would then drink the drink she made.

"Okay, then," Janine said, taking the drink to him.

"Here's your drink," Janine said, setting the drink down. "Thank you," Vincent said, smiling. He took a sip before he said, "It tastes different. Did you make this?"

"No, I didn't. One of my workers did. How can you tell that I didn't make it?" Janine said with surprised eyes.

"I just know," he said with a settled smile. "How can that be? It's a simple drink. That's impossible," Janine said, leaning down at the cup he was holding. She then took a light sniff of the flat white as she didn't detect any difference.

He chuckled for a bit and said, "I just have a sensitive taste."

"Is that so?" Janine said with a smile. "That's amazing," Janine added.

Ian watched his sister and Vincent smiling at each other before he sighed. He didn't understand how those two didn't even realize that they were flirting with each other.