Chapter 43

They entered her room, and everything was left the way she left it. "Sorry, but I don't have any men's clothes for you to wear," Faye said, standing by the doorway.

"That's fine. I'm just surprised that you let me sleep in your bedroom instead," Leo said, scanning the room as he noticed a photo of her and Ming together on the nightstand. She noticed he was looking at the picture, and she quickly went inside the room to grab it. "Well, I don't feel comfortable with you sleeping in my grandmother's room," Faye said.

"Grandmother?" Leo's eyebrow raised as he didn't see anyone else here. "Yeah, she passed away five years ago," Faye read his mind.

"Sorry," he said.

"It's fine. It's been 5 years," Faye said, covering her wounds. "Well, excuse me," Faye headed out. "If you need anything, just ask me," she said quietly. She slowly walked toward her grandmother's room, her hand slightly trembling as she opened the door. Once she entered, everything was the same. It was as if grandmother had not left. Her grandmother's smell was slowly fading away as Faye sat on the bed and placed the photo of her and Ming next to another photo. She grabbed the other photo as it was a picture of her and grandmother, smiling brightly together as Faye was in her arms. She sadly smiled before softly chuckling to herself, "I miss you..."

Meanwhile, Leo was holding a photo that was on the dresser. He saw how happy Faye was with a golden retriever and her grandmother. "It's a shame that you can't smile like that again," Leo placed the photo back where it was.

Leo came out of the room to see the light was still on in the kitchen. He shut the door behind him and headed towards the kitchen. Before he turned off the light, he noticed Faye sitting under the gazebo outside. Faye heard a noise from behind as she turned her head back to see Leo coming out. "You're still up?" Leo said, making his way toward Faye.

"You haven't slept yet?'' Faye directed the conversation back to him. "I was about to, but I saw the light was still on," Leo sat down close to her. "What are you still doing up?" Leo asked.

"Star gazing," Faye answered back, looking up at the stars. Once she said that Leo looked up and said, "Look at that, a shooting star. Better hurry and make a wish." A shooting star shot across the dark sky.

"I don't believe in wishes...," Faye said, "If I did, I wouldn't be here... My wishes never come true...," she muttered to herself.

"What was your wish?" Leo glanced down at her. "Why should I tell you my wish?" Faye said.

"Well, since your wish didn't come true, then there's no harm in telling," Leo said.

Her wish. Her wish. She looked at the open dark sky and thought her wish back then was to be loved by her husband... her family... someone... anyone....

"Could it be love?" Leo's smooth voice reached her ears. At that moment, she stared at him with her eyes startled. He once again saw right through her.

"You know you are starting to irritate me. It's like you can see through me. It bugs me," Faye straightforwardly said, staring deeply into his eyes.

"Maybe because I can see it in your eyes," Leo said, looking back at her,

"My eyes?" Faye set her walls up again and refused to look him in the eyes. "I can see deep within your eyes, there are many hidden emotions," he said.

"I think you are seeing things and imagining things," Faye refuted as Faye's shields were up. She thought if that were true, then she wouldn't be alone in the past. If her eyes show these emotions, then why didn't anyone notice her?

"In my years, I have seen plenty of these and know many things," Leo said. "I think you are becoming blind, you... old man," Faye said, not knowing what to say to rebuke back.

Leo chuckled while covering his mouth with his fist, "All my life, I have never been called an old man before. You know I'm only 27 years old."

"Well, you are getting close to 30," Faye said, getting up as she felt her cheeks getting red. She thought she shouldn't be calling him an old man since she was the old one here as she was 32 trapped in a 20-year-old body. She flusteredly went inside as he watched her go. "It's good to see that expression on your face. Hopefully, you can lower your shields," Leo said as another shooting star went across the dark night.

Once Faye arrived back in her grandmother's room, she shoved her face into her grandmother's pillow and breathed in the smell before thinking about what Leo said, "Maybe because I can see it in your eyes."

"My eyes...," Faye said before pondering and shoving her face into the pillow again.