Chapter 38

In the glamorous building, Faye was playing checkers with her grandfather as she was making her move. She had informed Dave that she will not be attending work.

"So, how have you been lately? You haven't been visiting me," her grandfather said while thinking about his next moves. Faye casually said, "Nothing much." Faye's grandfather leaned back and looked at her. He analyzed her and felt something was a little off today, but he couldn't pinpoint it. She stopped her movement before looking up at her grandfather. "What are you looking at?" she said.

"Nothing," he said before going back to the game.

A couple of minutes later, her grandfather won the game, "It's not like you today. I haven't beaten you in a game since a long time ago. What's the matter with you?" her grandfather said.

"Nothing," Faye answered quickly as he looked at her deeply. "Since the game is over, I'll be leaving," Faye stood up from the seat.

"I heard that you are working at Lon Company for a month," he said before she could leave. She didn't say anything and stood there without moving. "How is it?" He continued to talk and not letting her escape. "Nothing much," she finally answered. He noticed how antsy she was and understood what Robert was saying. He smiled before saying, "Alright. Do you want me to send you off?" She felt something was odd with her grandfather, but she didn't want to go in-depth with it, so she said, "That won't be necessary. I'll see you later."

As Faye was leaving her grandfather's building, Parker saw her leaving the building as he was about to enter the building because he was going to pitch his new project to Faye's grandfather.

Faye was about to enter her car before a hand grabbed her wrist. "Faye?" Parker called out, stopping her from leaving. Faye immediately pulled her wrist away from him as it surprised him. Her crystal clear eyes coldly stare at him, unmoved. "Faye, it's me, Parker? Do you remember me?" Parker stuttered as he was mesmerized by her. She didn't say anything and stared at him. She remembered how much she used to love him with all her heart, but was so blinded that she didn't realize how much he used her and didn't have an ounce of feeling for her. Since he could easily throw her away as it left no impact on him.

"We are engaged. I'm your fiance," Parker was trying to say.

"I think it's better to cancel our engagement. We haven't seen each other for five years. There's no point in denying it, but we have no feelings for each other. So, let's not drag this along. You and Rin are matched with each other. Let's not meet each other again," Faye said coldly and not wanting to have anything to do with him anymore as she could hear the words that Leo had spoken to her about not letting her past control her and facing it.

Parker was speechless, as he couldn't tell who this person was anymore. It was like she was no longer the Faye he knew before, leaving him not knowing what to say. "Well, excuse me," she said and entered the car before driving off. Parker stood there, stunned. He never realized how clear her eyes were. She was no longer the dull person he once knew. She looked stunning but cold. However, for some reason, he could see within her eyes, she had a dark hidden resentment against him.

In the midst of Parker standing there in dazzle, a black car was slowly driving away after Faye's red car as the person in black had finished taking a picture of Parker and Faye together. "We have finally spotted her," the person in black clothes said on the phone.

"Good. Continue to tail her," said the person on the phone as that person was Rin.

--

Rin hangs up the call before smiling. "Finally," she said, super pleased. She can find dirt on Faye and expose her flaws to the whole world. She couldn't wait to rip Faye's face off and show everyone how pathetic Faye truly is.