Chapter 34

Two days passed by, and Faye was still in her pajamas with her feet up on the couch armrest while she was relaxing comfortably on the couch in her condo as Mingy was chewing on his toy on the floor beside her. Her iPhone was constantly ringing, but Faye ignored it as if it was a song in the background. Faye yawned and stretched her arms out before picking up her phone. The caller this time was Leo Lon, as it wasn't Robert, Eve, or Andrea. She answered the phone even though she didn't want to.

"What do you want?" Faye asked.

"I'm calling to inform you that you have already missed two days. Tomorrow will be the last day, if you miss tomorrow, then I will proceed that the contract is terminated, and you will have to pay the penalty." Leo informed professionally.

"Alright, tell me the penalty. I will transfer you the penalty money," Faye replied as she was happy to end this relationship. "It seems that you weren't informed about the penalty," Leo said with a hint of mocking.

Once again, Faye had a deep, sinking feeling down her gut. "What is the penalty?" Faye said seriously and tried to hide her nervousness from being detected.

"The penalty is the property that produces the tea for your company. I'm a high-quality person, so I wanted something far more valuable than money." Leo ended.

"My property!" Faye unconsciously said as she erupted. "I'll see you tomorrow to handle this!" She hung up. "I'm going to murder Robert!" she said, under her breath.

---

Robert had entered the most famous company in the world. Robert reached the highest level and greeted.

"Mr. Davidson will be seeing you now," Ben said. Robert enters the office. Faye's grandfather was in his chair and said, "Sit down, Mr. Long." Robert sat down and said, "Why have you called me here, Mr. Davidson?"

"I think you know why I called you here," Faye's grandfather said. "I heard that you have formed a partnership with the Lon company," he said, deadly. Robert didn't say anything. "I know for a fact that my granddaughter would not do such a thing," Faye's grandfather said.

Robert prepared himself before speaking, "I did my investigation and research on the Lon company and found that they are a great company to partner up with. They manage their investments and business seriously, and they do their procedures carefully and thoroughly. They are also famous and wealthy. In the past two years, they exceeded their goal by twice the rate. They check all the criteria for a great company."

"I doubted your abilities, but I could see that I was wrong. You are correct that they are a great company." Faye's grandfather said. "I guess Faye has a good set of eyes. However, I do hope that you will use what you have learned from her and do well for yourself when you start your own business, and maybe my granddaughter can step up and manage her own company herself," he said.

"Yes, I hope so too. That is why I decided, well forcing, her to work for the Lon Company for a couple of weeks to help her grow," Robert said.

"You did what?" Faye's grandfather said as he turned into a lion protecting his cubs. "Mr. Davidson, please hear me out first. Don't you remember you asking me why I am babying her? I think it's time for her to grow up. Faye is a pretty stubborn, calm, and collected person, but for some reason, she is so hostile and irritated when she has contact with Leo Lon. I feel that he is the only person who can help her grow up and make her get out of her comfort zone. As you can see, everyone that she has contact with, she is always indifferent and never swayed unless it's the people she allows to enter her heart. However, she still remains the cold, calm person she is. So, I found it odd to see Faye like this with someone." Her grandfather silently listened and nodded along.