Chapter 64

"Aww, poor her...." a person whispered.

"She's all alone...." another said.

"Such a shame both of her parents died..." a person said.

"It must have been so traumatic for her..." another person whispered to another.

"Wasn't she in the car with them? She's the only survivor in her family.." they whisper again.

"Mom? Dad?" Rin cried. She was in the car with them as they were going on a family trip. She was indeed complaining to her parents that she wanted expensive stuff and was arguing with her father about how stupid he was in not wanting to inherit her grandfather's money. However, she didn't want their last moments to be them arguing. She didn't understand why she was the only one to survive while both of her parents had to go...

"What is she going to do? She is all alone. It's a shame that her father was stupid in not wanting anything to do with his father's inheritance. He would probably get it since Richard seemed to favor him more," a person whispered to the person beside them.

"More like how stupid he was," another person said. Rin hid her clenched fist as she was listening to them talk while she was sitting by her parents' coffin.

"Right! What is the girl going to do? What will the girl have now? Her parents didn't leave her with anything... They were so poor...," another person agreed with them.

"Yea, they lived like middle-class commoners...," a person said.

There Rin saw how everyone would pat her shoulder or head as if they were comforting her, but once she was out of sight, they would trash talk about her and her family. They would smile at her, but she knew how despicable they were as they were faking it all to show that they were nice and caring, but they just pitted her. She could see it all! How fake everyone was!

However, she didn't understand why. Why! She couldn't see it in her clear eyes. "Rin, let's be like sisters..... Rin, do you want to go shopping with me?.... Rin!" A bright, friendly person called out to her as she smiled so brightly that the whole atmosphere would light up.

Rin couldn't see any fakeness in Faye. She didn't understand. She couldn't believe it. Was Faye truly being genuine, or was she faking it, Rin thought? She couldn't trust her. Rin knows that one day Faye will betray her, so she must betray her first.