Chapter 72 (End)

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Ian said, leaving the library, and found Layla standing outside of the door as if she was waiting for someone. "Oh, I heard. Congratulations on entering the University of Oxford," Ian said. Layla's eyes widened in happiness.

"You are the first person to actually said congratulation to me," she said softly. Ian stopped and turned to her, "Oh, if that's the case then congratulations again" He patted her head. She quietly smiled before realizing what she was doing.

"I'm not a kid. What about you? Did someone congratulate you?" she said, swatting his hand away.

Ian smiled, "Well, actually no, but I'm not too worried. I know there are people who will congratulate me later, and I'm going to meet my sister soon. I can hear the shouting in my ears already."

"Lucky you...," she said, looking down. "Well, I came to congratulate you on graduating," she said."

"Thank you," he said with a smile. "Are you going to school here?" she asked.

"Yes, I am. I can't leave my sister by herself," he said.

"Oh. Well, that's all I wanted to say. Bye now," Layla said, trying to leave. Ian stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Wait," he said.

"What?" she said, flustered. "Do you want to come and celebrate with me and my sister for our graduation?" Ian asked since tonight it was just him and Janine who was doing a small celebration in advance as it was planned to do the official celebration tomorrow night with everyone.

"Sure...," she said quietly. He smiled before dragging her.

"Ian, what took you so long-" Janine shouted but stopped mid-way as she noticed the girl behind Ian once they arrived. "Who this may be?" Janine asked.

"Oh, this is one of my classmates, who I invited to join us," he said.

"Oh, great! The more, the merrier," Janine said with a grin. "Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm Ian's older sister, Janine," she introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Layla," Layla responded back.

"You are also graduating?" Janine asked as Layla nodded in response. "Really, where are you going to college?" Janine asked.

"Oxford," Layla said quietly.

"What! That's amazing! Good for you," Janine said. "Come on. Come closer, you two," Janine waved her hand at them, telling them to come closer to the counter as the shop closed early, and Janine was the only one in. "Okay, here two go. Congratulations!" Janine presented them with a cake.

Janine cut the cake, and all of them ate the cake before Janine said, "You must be Ian's girlfriend?" as both Ian and Layla coughed up the cake.

"Sis!" Ian said with his cheeks red.

"Ah, no...," Layla said, flustered.

"Really? Ian never brings his friends or anyone to meet me, so I assume you must be his girlfriend since he brought you here," Janine said, eying her brother.

"Shut up," Ian said, trying to hush his sister.

"No, he was just being nice," Layla said quietly. "No," Ian said super fast. "I brought here because I wanted to spend time with you before you leave...," he said quietly as both of them went quiet afterward with their cheeks red.

"Well, look at that. I forgot I have to restock the new orders that came this afternoon. I'll let you two enjoy yourself," Janine said, hurrying off.

Both of them remain silent before Layla says, "D-did you mean that?" Ian looked at her and said without any hesitation, "Of course! You are studying abroad, so I wanted to spend time with you before you go."

"W-will you wait for me until I come back?" Layla asked hesitantly. Ian smiled and said, "Of course, but you better not forget about me and leave me here to wait for you." Layla nodded shyly in response. "Then it's a promise," Ian said as he dug something out of his backpack. He pulled out a simple small bookmark that had a red ribbon tied to it. "Here. Something to help you remember me... A-actually I wanted to give you this earlier as a graduation gift but...," he said, not completing his sentence as he scratched his cheek nervously before handing her the small bookmark. She stared at him in shock before her eyes softened in warmth as she graciously accepted it and burst into a smile.

______

"Thanks for sending the gift. I really appreciate it," Lake said with a smile as he was walking in the hallway. He was preparing to perform his new comeback song on stage. He was all dressed up. He was talking on the phone in one ear while he was trying to put on the headset microphone in the other ear. Lake noticed groups of people coming from the opposite side as he moved to the side to make way for them to come through. He didn't notice the last person and bumped into them, as she was carrying two bags of clothes. "Sorry," he said. The person just nodded her head before refixing her glasses and hurrying off to her destination. Lake watched her go before he continued.

"It's no problem. Good luck," Faye said, ending the call with Lake while she was sitting on the sofa in the living room. "Who was that?" Leo said, coming in and taking a seat next to her before wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"Oh, it was Lake. He was thanking me for the gift I sent him for his latest album," Faye answered, snuggling in his arms. Leo went silent before sliding himself down to hug her stomach. "What's wrong with you?" she asked as she tried to adjust herself to get comfortable while her arms were now hugging his head and caressing his hair.

He took a deep sigh and forced her to lie down on the sofa. "You have to protect mommy from men or they will take her away from us," Leo said to her big stomach. It's been a year and a half now. They have been married for a year and now expecting a baby boy.

"What nonsense are you talking about," Faye said in disbelief, petting his head. Leo smiled before saying, "But mommy is forever mine."

"Hey, stop saying that. You are upsetting him. He is kicking now, " she said in annoyance as the baby inside was kicking. Leo chuckled before moving himself up to hold her in his arms. He couldn't help but smile at her and lean in to kiss her forehead. "Stop teasing or he will not like you. Don't complain to me if he favors me more than you. Then it will be me and him. You will be all alone by yourself," she teased with a smile on her face.

"I guess I just have to snatch both of your hearts," Leo smiled. "Let's see if you can," she smirked. "Is that a challenge?" Leo raised an eyebrow before swooping down to kiss her lips. She finally broke free from his long kiss. "He's not even born yet. Aren't you getting ahead of yourself" Faye laughed. "It's good to have some point in the beginning," Leo smiled.

She looked at him with great love. "Dummy, I already love you. It's not going to disappear," Faye smiled in disbelief. Leo's eyes lit up and thought, "She really knows how to make me fall in love with her once again," as he smiled. "You know sometimes I can't handle you," he said, taking her breath away with his deep kiss. The End.