Chapter 45

Faye went home and took a long shower before hanging out with Ming. Once she was out of the shower, she was drying her hair with a towel while Ming was laying on the floor by her feet. "Sorry, handsome, were you waiting for me last night?" Faye said as she stopped drying her hair and went down to pet his head. Faye sighed before saying, "I spent the night at grandma's place. Everything looks the same and smells the same, but it's starting to fade though," she sadly looked down at Ming, who had lifted his head up and looked at her. "Do you miss her too?" she continued. Mingy got up and rubbed himself onto her leg. "Me too. I'll take you there this weekend," she said, ruffling his fur.

After lounging around for the rest of the day, she receives a text from Janine. Ming looks up from Faye's legs and towards the phone. She read the text, "Hey, letting you know Lake is here again. Alright, go to go."

--

"How was your day?" Janine said to Ian as she had picked up Ian from the library, and they were heading back to the shop.

"Nothing much," Ian said, not bothering to talk. Janine wrapped her arm around his head. "Nothing much? You are still young so enjoy it." She ruffled his head, noticing that he didn't have a good day today.

"Hey, stop it," Ian smiled with Janine laughing and messing his hair up as they reached the shop and were standing outside the shop. Someone cleared their throat behind them. Janine and Ian stop messing around before looking behind them. "Oh, Vincent. Nice to see you. Did you get off of work" Janine asked, taking her arm off Ian.

"Yes," Vincent said coldly. Janine noticed his cold-detached voice, "Do you have a long day today?" She thought he was having a bad day due to his voice seeming cold and angry. Vincent didn't say anything back and continued to stare at both of them. "So I see you like those types of guys," he said as if he was implying she was going after young men. Janine didn't understand what he meant or why he was upset. Before she could ask, Ian said seriously, "Why do you care what type of guys she likes? It's her own matter. Who are you to judge her?" as he noticed how rude Vincent was to his sister.

Vincent scoffed, "Who are you?"

"It doesn't matter who I am," Ian said rudely as they glared at each other. Janine noticed the tension before knocking Ian's head. "Hey, that's not nice to talk to someone like that. Sorry, Vincent. This is my little brother, Ian," Janine said before the jealousy in his eye immediately disappeared and turned into a shock. He coughed in embarrassment and said, "Sorry, I didn't know."

"No, it's fine," Janine said, shutting Ian up from being rude again. "Are you coming in to get your usual?" Janine said, looking at Vincent as he felt somewhat embarrassed in himself for acting like a jealous child.

"Yeah," he said somewhat quietly. "Then come in," Janine said, leading him into the shop.

Ian still glared at Vincent as Janine and Vincent headed inside the coffee shop. Before Ian headed inside, someone called out his name. He turned to see Faye walking towards him.

"Faye? What brings you here?" Ian said.

"Your sister texted me," Faye answered back. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" Faye said, noticing something was up with Ian.

"Nah, it's nothing," Ian said back, looking at the coffee shop and watching his hard-working sister making coffee for that guy.

Faye noticed where Ian was looking and said, "Hey, I saw that guy a couple of times. His name is Vincent. He's a doctor. He is a nice guy. Don't worry too much." Faye ruffled Ian's hair. Ian showed a grumpy face and said, "Is that so? Nope, I don't like him." He crossed his arms together. Faye laughed and ruffled his head again. At that moment, a car was passing by the shop until it slowed down. Dave was driving until Leo noticed Faye laughing and ruffling a young man's head. "Dave, pull over," he said seriously.

"Yes, sir," Dave said, not understanding and parking by the sidewalk.

Faye and Ian had already entered the coffee shop. "What took you so long to get inside," Janine said to Ian until she saw Faye. "Faye, you're here." Faye nodded her head, and the man in black clothes looked up from his phone and towards Faye.

"Faye," Lake said before the coffee shop door opened again. Leo entered the shop, and Janine said, "Welcome...," as her words faded once she saw who it was.

"Leo?" Vincent said.

Faye quickly turned her head back to see Leo, smiling at her as she felt chills going down her spine.