Chapter 60

"I guess the single guys are here first," Robert said. Robert and John were waiting for the rest of the team to join them in the restaurant.

"Yup," John said, taking a sip of his beer. "I thought Andrea and Austin would be here by now. Didn't you guys leave at the same time?" Robert said.

"Actually, I left first," John said, leaning his back against the chair. "I think they were going to get something for their new apartment first," John said.

Andrea finally had the courage to confess to Austin with the help of John's encouraging words. It took a few days for Austin to realize that he truly had feelings for Andrea and that his small crush on Faye was just because she saw great potential in him when they first met and chose him to work for her. It was nothing compared to the feeling he had for Andrea, who saw him for him and loved him. She was always by his side from the beginning and helped him open up to people.

"So they are finally together," Robert said. He thought the small love triangle sort of ended.

"Yeah," John said softly. "How are you?" Robert said, glancing at John's quiet defense.

"What do you mean?" John said with a bright smile.

"I know you liked Andrea," Robert said, knowing John was hiding his sadness with his usual bright smile.

John chuckled sadly before saying, "You, Faye, and Eve are the only ones who know I liked her. But don't worry, I'm fine. I can see how happy she is, and Austin is really a great guy since he is a great friend of mine. No need to worry. I will find my person, too," John said with a genuine smile. Robert smiled, seeing that he was alright.

"Hey, sorry for the wait," Janine said and entered the table with Faye.

"Just you two?" Robert asked, looking around for Leo.

"Yup," Janine said, sitting down. "Where is everyone? I thought we were late," Janine continued, looking around.

"Where's Mr. Lon?" John asked, also looking for Leo. Robert and John looked at Faye, who looked at them confused. They stare at her as if they were waiting for her answer.

"I told him that he can't come," Faye said nonchalantly.

"What, why?" John said as if he was a kid pouting.

"Who told him to tease me," Faye said.

Robert, "..."

John, "..."

Janine, "..."

All three of them realized how petty Faye was. Then there was a ding that came from Faye's phone, she glanced down as a small cute smile appeared on her face. They all saw how Faye's expression was tender and refreshed, and all smiled with her.

"Sorry, we are late," Andrea said with Austin and her coming in.

They all settled down, and Andrea asked, "Where's Eve?"

"Oh, she said she couldn't make it today," John answered.

Austin asked, "Then where's Ian?"

"He said he will be coming soon," Janine said.

____

Ian exited the library with the sun setting. He looked at the time and saw the text Janine had sent. He readjusted the strap of his backpack before heading in the direction of the restaurant they were in. Ian then noticed a girl running past him as he felt that he knew her. He shrugged his shoulders and continued on his way. When he passed where the girl ran to, he glanced in that direction and noticed the girl hiding behind a bush with her back facing him. He stopped and noticed two tall men in black suits close by as they were looking for someone. He walked closer to the girl, "Hey, are you alright?"

The girl looked up to see Ian, and both of their faces turned into disgust, "You!" they shouted.

"Ugh, never mind," Ian said, trying to leave. However, before he could leave, she already pulled him down to her level. She noticed the bodyguards coming in their direction. "Hey, what are you doing? Let go of me," Ian said.

"Hey, be quiet," she hushed him.

"Excuse me, but let go of my arm," he said, looking at her hand that was holding onto his arm.

"Eww," she let go of his arm. Ian then dusted his sleeve before trying to get up again, but she grabbed him again to stop him from getting up.

"Hey, what is your deal?" he said, not understanding why she won't let him go. "Be quiet, or they will find me," she said.

"Who?" Ian asked. "My bodyguards," she said, looking out for the bodyguards.

"Why are you hiding from them," he said with his forehead crinkled in confusion. "They want to take me back home," she said. Ian looked at her in disbelief. He couldn't believe a spoiled brat she was and was making a big fuss just because she didn't want to go home. Her parents are probably worried sick about her, he thought. He got up and dusted himself off as he couldn't stand her brattiness.

"Hey," she said. "Relax, they are already gone," he said aloof. "You better go home. Your parents are probably worried sick about you," he said coldly before walking away.

"Hey. Hey!" she said, chasing after him. "Who do you think you are to order me around? You know nothing about me," she yelled after him. Ian stopped his track and turned back, "Everyone knows about Layla Lon. A spoiled brat who came from a rich family and had a brother complex," Ian mocked. Layla's face trembled in anger as she shoved Ian and stormed off.

Ian dusted himself off again and watched her storm off. He then realized it was getting dark and she was alone. He sighed as he hated that his heart was tugging at him before he went after her.