Chapter 15

"So, how was your day last night?" Faye's grandfather asked as it was already past afternoon, and they were at a restaurant. "How is Janine?" Her grandfather added, as her grandfather only knew Janine because she didn't tell him that she had started a small business and flower shops, so he only assumes that she is freelancing and investing. Therefore, he has no idea about Andrea, Austin, and John.

"It was fun, and Janine is the same old," Faye replied back and cut her last chunk of steak.

"Wow, you seem like you don't have fun when you are with me," her grandfather said.

She chuckled and said, "of course not." As she was about to finish her meal, her phone rang. "Oh, excuse me, gramps, I have to take this," she said and picked up her phone before getting up.

"Another investment?" her grandfather said.

"Somewhat," she answered with one word and smiled as her grandfather did a quick short sigh before waving to the waiter for the bill. Faye just smiled at her grandfather's quick sigh before answering the phone in a quiet hallway. "What's up, Andrea?"

"The person you told me yesterday had called," Andrea said.

"Perfect, tell him he can meet us at the company around 5-ish," she replied.

Once Faye finished, she headed back to the table and accidentally brushed against a tall man in a black suit. "Excuse me," she said, continuing her way.

The man quickly turns back and tries to grab onto her wrist, but then a waitress accidentally appears with drinks in her hand as she blocks his reach. "Sorry, sir. Please excuse me," the waitress said and made her way to the tables. The tall man saw the young lady that brushed against him had already walked a far distance and continued to disappear from sight. "Sir?" said the person beside him, but he wasn't paying attention to the person.

Faye sat back down and shove the last piece in her mouth, before saying "Alright, gramps. I have to go. I have lots of things to do today." She gets her purse and keys before getting up.

"Oh really?" he said with his eyebrow raised.

"Yup," she answered. "Do you want me to walk to your car?" she teased her grandfather.

"Ha funny, no thanks. You can go on ahead as you are busy," he said, waving his hand.

"Alright, bye Gramps," she said and smiled before leaving.

Faye already exited the restaurant, and the tall suited man finally appeared to no longer see her. "Sir, who are you looking for?" the other person asked.

Faye parked beside a high school as class was over and kids were heading home before she entered the gates and spotted that kid who begged Faye to help him. He was crouching down behind a large tree as he was looking at someone.

"Is that her?" Faye asks, startling him as she makes no sound coming up to him.

"How did you get here? How did you know I go here?" he said, shocked.

"I did a background check on you," she states. "So, is that her?" Faye pointed at a rugged young girl who had blonde highlights in her hair with a lollipop in her mouth.

"Shhh," he said in panic and pulled her finger down before answering, "yes..."

They watched her, walking along the side of the High school building coming towards them, the next thing you know three girls appeared in front of her as she was beating them up by pulling their hair or shoving them to the ground. "It seems like you got a lot of work to do to get a girl like that," Faye whispered to him. "I surprise you like a bully as someone as timid as you," she added.