Side Story: Janine's Expected Love Part 1

"You knew it's been a year already. I assume you would have made your move already," Leo said, finishing up his annual check-up.

"Quit being nosy about someone's business. Just because you are already married doesn't mean you can butt in," Vincent said, finishing up the chart.

"All I am doing is asking?" Leo said, shrugging his shoulders. "Also, the only reason I'm asking is because my wife was curious since yesterday she noticed something when she went to visit," Leo added. He was never interested in anybody's business unless it had to do with him or his wife.

"What? What did your wife notice?" Vincent said, looking up from the charts.

Leo smirked before saying, "You will see for yourself when you go there yourself. I'm surprised you haven't noticed."

Vincent's expression showed coldness as he said, "Get going. I'm done with your check-up."

Leo just smiled, "Hey, at least I was informing my friend." Leo left the room before making a call.

Once the door was closed, Vincent stopped working and leaned against his chair. "It's not like I didn't make my move. Maybe my moves aren't clear enough for her to realize it," he said, exhausted. Vincent was also like Leo, who had no experience in dating or love. Since they were busy with many things. For him, he was too busy studying for medical school so he could get right to work at his family-owned hospital. Vincent was similar to Leo, he was cold to others they weren't interested in, but he was a cold sweet since he was a doctor, he had to be nice to people to treat them. Even though both Leo and Vincent had no dating experience, Leo had moves while he had no moves.

_____

"Finally, having people helping me out in the shop really does help take a huge burden off my shoulders," Janine said, relaxed as she was leaning against the counter.

"That's why I have been telling you to hire people, but you wouldn't listen to me," Faye said, drinking her drink.

"Well, I like making drinks. If I hire too many people, then I'll just be supervising," Janine complained. "I don't want to become like someone...," she teased.

"Yeah. Yeah. Go ahead and judge," Faye said, not caring. "How is it working for your own company without Robert's help?" Janine asked.

"It's busier but the same vibe," Faye said nonchalantly. "Oh, how is Robert's company?" Janine asked.

"He is doing great. He exceeded his goal from last year," Faye said while Janine nodded along before there was ringing coming from Faye's phone. "Ooo, who may that be?" Janine teased, "Ah, I'm so jealous. I wish I found a man," Janine sighed as Daniel glanced quietly at Janine. Faye noticed his gaze before picking up the phone.

Janine then went back to making drinks before Faye finished the call. "So, is he coming to pick you up?" Janine said, making a latte.

"Ngh," Faye responded. "So jealous," Janine teased as she finished making a cute coffee art on the latte.

"Janine, I can bring that out," Daniel said, stopping Janine from carrying the drink to the customer.

"Oh, thank you," Janine said brightly. Faye took a deep sigh at her friend's dumbness in not seeing the boy's gaze at her. Faye could tell right away that the boy had feelings for Janine, but Janine was too blind to see it, like how she was blind not to see that Leo's doctor friend liked her too.

"You say you are jealous of me, but are you aware of your surroundings?" Faye said.

"What are you talking about?" Janine said, not understanding what Faye meant. Faye didn't know if she should tell her blinded friend or let her friend see it herself. "Huh?" Janine said to Faye, waiting for her to answer.

Faye sighed and thought she should ask Leo for advice since he had great ways of seeing right through people, "Nothing," Faye said.

(Author's note: For anyone who may be confused about the time frame. This side story takes place around Faye and Leo's first-year mark of marriage. So we are slightly rewinding back from where the last chapter was. So Faye is not pregnant yet.)