Chapter 12

"Janine, you better take that flier off," Faye said.

"Come on. Don't you think this will attract more customers," she said, smiling.

"Customers! Your coffee shop is already famous!" Faye exploded.

Janine laughed and said, "It was supposed to be a joke because you left me, and I put that up when you were in Switzerland, so it wouldn't affect you anyway. I also explained to customers that it was a prank for my friend. I was going to take it down, but I forgot. I didn't expect this to happen. I'm so sorry," Janine explained and begged for forgiveness with her hands together.

Faye looked at her bratty friend, who was three years older than her, but acted like she was the young one before saying, "I did invite you to come with me to Switzerland, but who was it that said I can't leave my coffee shop, you workaholic." Faye teases her to make her feel bad.

"I know it was me who said that. I'm sorry..." Janine cried out, feeling extremely horrible.
As Faye smiled trying to hold in her laugh. "Yes, I know," she said, relieving her friend.

However, the teenage boy heard what they were saying, and he quickly begged, "Please, I need your help to confess my love to my crush."

Faye coldly glances at the shy teen before saying, "Confess your love...? And that's a big problem you can't seem to do on your own?" Her rude words slightly brought fear to him, but he was determined. "Yes, I have never confessed before..." he sounded embarrassed. "Please, I'm moving soon, and I want to confess before it's too late," he persistently begged.

Faye did a short snort and said, "Then what's the point? You'll be leaving." And Faye continues, "So let me get this straight you want to confess your love, but you will be moving. What do you want then? What's the outcome you want? She rejects you? Or does she also recompile your feelings, then what? Do you hope that you two can handle long-distance and live happily ever after, or hope she rejects you so you can move on?" As Faye bluntly told him the truth and silence just remained.

The teenage boy didn't speak or move while Janine looked at Faye and said "Faye," informing her that she went a bit too far.
However, he finally said, "I don't know what I want, but I just want to confess my love. Haven't you felt love before? Haven't you felt the need to act rationally before it's too late?'' Faye did another quick snort.

"Love can make you weak and pathetic...," Faye spoke in general and continued, "but, kid, if you want my help, let me inform you I'm not cheap. I expect high payments, so what do you got?"

"I-I got $100 and a box of chocolate..." he said nervously and looked down at the ground.

A couple of minutes later, the shy kid was gone, and it was just Janine and Faye at the same spot. "I can't believe you actually agree with that kid," Janine couldn't believe what she heard or saw.
Faye remains silent and continues to drink her tea while Janine continues saying, "Am I dreaming? Has the cold-hearted Faye I once knew gone? Did something happen to you when you were in Switzerland?" Janine's mind was completely blown away.

Faye did a cold smirk and set the cup down, "I felt pitiful for him as he somewhat resembles me back then...," Faye thought back about how she was weak and pathetic just wanting to obtain love while Janine silently understood what she was talking about and remained still. "And also, those chocolates looked good," she added before she and Janine laughed.

Faye stayed at Janine's coffee shop for a little longer before saying, "Alright, I have to go and check on those three, but I'll see you tonight." She grabbed her purse and got off her seat.

"Yes, see you tonight. And don't worry about Ming. I'll watch him until you come back tonight," Janine answered back and smiled.

Faye smiled and bent down to pet Ming, "Okay, big boy, you be a good boy and be patient when I come and pick you up." Ming looked at her sad but understood her. "Don't worry, Mingy, I won't take long," she ruffled his face and kissed him goodbye. Faye and Janine wave goodbye. Once Faye opened the door, she accidentally hit someone's shoes as the person was coming in. "Sorry, excuse me," Faye responded naturally and continued out. The person answers back with a nod before watching her leave until she is out of sight.

"Oh, it's you again. Hello again! Would you like the same as yesterday?" Janine said as the person entered. He nodded with his glasses tilting a bit. Once he sat down by the window, he had the entire view of the kitchen space as he watched Janine make his flat white coffee. "Here you go," Janine said and placed the drink on the table as she created a simple coffee art. "I hope you like the design. Enjoy," she finished saying before going back to make more coffee. The person didn't respond and just nodded, but the person finally said, "is that sign true?"

Janine stopped making coffee and looked where he was pointing before almost flipping out.
"Oh no. No. No," Janine said, alert, and quickly removed it off the wall as she knew Faye would explode in anger again. "Sorry, this was a prank for a friend," Janine said, smiling awkwardly. The person nods before sending a text.