Chapter 70

After settling with the two grandfathers, both Faye and Leo head back.

"Hello? Robert, what's up?" Faye answered her phone.

"Hey, Faye. I want to discuss something with you. Is it alright to meet you at the company soon?" Robert asked through the phone.

"Sure, I'll head there now," Faye said.

_____

Once she entered the Ming Company, everyone greeted her. She greeted them back before heading into Robert's office.

"What is it you need to discuss with me?" Faye said once she entered the office. She sat in front of him.

"Here. I did the math correctly," Robert said, sliding a check to her.

"What's this for?" Faye asked.

"Well, I think it's time for me to start my own company. You don't need my help anymore since you have someone you can rely on now. I think it's time for its true owner to handle its company," Robert said with a smile. "Thank you for everything," he added.

Faye was surprised to hear this before saying, "How long have you been thinking about this?"

"For a while now, I think it's time for me to start my own company. It's time for me to grow," he said with a grin.

Faye saw how sure he was so she didn't bother in persuading him to stay, "Alright, it was a pleasure having you here. We can form a partnership right now. Do you need any help getting started?" she said.

He smiled brighter and said, "No, you have given me enough, but I will take your offer in a partnership." They both shook hands.

_____

The next day, news spread everywhere that Robert had opened his own company and everyone started to question him. He then explained that he was just the CEO and the owner of the company was Faye Grey, which shocked the whole city. They couldn't believe someone at that age owned that famous company.

Both of Faye's parents watched the news with their hands trembling in disbelief. They both had tried to contact Faye many times those past months but couldn't reach her. They couldn't find any opportunity to meet her as they didn't know anything about her, so they didn't know where she lived or where she went. They couldn't find the courage to ask Richard (Faye's grandfather). They have been wanting to talk to her since the guilt was eating them alive.

However, now learning that the plain and boring daughter they thought they had was a well-talented millionaire. They felt so ashamed of themselves that they wanted to hide under a rock since everyone knew the news about Rin's crime and knew that Rin was their niece and not their daughter. It brought them great shame as everyone would whisper and talk about them.

_____

"Hey, I didn't mean to lie to you," Faye tried to apologize to Leo. Faye quietly tugged on the corner of his sleeves. He didn't bother listening as he continued to work on his papers. "Hey... I'm sorry," she said again. However, he couldn't hold his smile anymore before saying with a bright grin, "I already knew."

"Wait... you knew? How long?" Faye said. "From the beginning... the day I met you, I already did a background check on you, so I already knew," he said.

She knew it, that's why she always felt like he knew her secrets. "So you were just teasing me again," she grumbled. She got up from the seat in anger. Leo then grabbed her arm, stopping her from leaving. He then grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her towards him. His lips touched her soft lips as he kissed her. "I'm sorry for teasing you. I just couldn't help myself." He break away from their kiss as her lips turned brighter. She pinched his arm out of irritation.

"Oww. Okay, I'm sorry," he chuckled and pulled her again to kiss her.

"S-stop it," she said, flustered, and pinched him harder. She stopped him from kissing her lips as he missed and got her cheek instead. He wanted to tease her more, but the phone rang.