Chapter 19

Both of them stepped out of the car, and Faye said rudely, "Did you not see me coming?"

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention. I was in a hurry," the driver apologized. Before Faye could speak, the sliding door from the black van opened, and out came a young man in black jeans and wearing a black leather jacket with one of his ears pierced. He had one AirPod in his ear and the other in his hand.

"My manager already apologized, and if you can't accept that, then that's your problem," he said.

She was gonna let it go as she was in a hurry as well, but now hearing this bratty kid speaking made her want to stay and argue.

"I'm sorry for what he just said." The manager said. "Lake...," the manager gave the young man a look, saying 'watch what you are saying'. "You better get in the van before anyone notices you. I'll handle this," the manager continued to say to the kid as he reluctantly headed back to the van.

"You should watch that kid of yours, or he might get punched in the face if he continues talking like that," Faye gave friendly advice to the manager. "Be careful next time," Faye said as she didn't have the time to teach that person. She glances at the young man and glares before entering her car. Faye drove off and reached Janine's shop.

"Janine, where's the person?" Faye said once she entered the coffee shop.

"Um, he's right here," Janine said and wiped her hands down and pointed to the thin-looking guy in the corner, drinking a cup of coffee.

Faye walked up to the person and said, "who are you? And how do you know my name?"

The man quickly set his cup down and coughed into his napkin before speaking, "sorry, for the inconvenience, but I need your help."

Faye's eyebrows rose and said, "excuse me? Need my help? Do I look like a kind person to help others?"

"Um, well it says that you will help people, and this person gave such a good rating," the person said and showed her his phone. On the bright screen, a 5-star rating review was on a website for Janine's shop as it was Liam's review boosting how she helped him and others should go to her. Her face froze, and a forceful smile tightened on her face. That little brat... Faye thought. She pulled out her phone and dial Austin. "Hello, Austin. I would like you to take down this review immediately. I will send you the link. Thank you," she said and hung up. "Well, excuse me," Faye said and turned to leave.

"Wait! Please....," the man said hopelessly before he collapsed to the floor and started coughing crazy.

Janine rushed over as Faye helped him up.

"I'm sorry.... I'm fine. I just need a few minutes." The man covers his mouth.

"Do you want me to call an ambulance for you?" Janine asked.

The man shook his head and continued to say, "no, I'm fine," and continued to cough.

"No, I'm going to call an ambulance for you," Janine replied.

"Oh, that's not necessarily. I already know what I have... so that's why I need your help?" He said.

"Don't worry. It's nothing expensive or exchange of your lungs...," he said softly and continued, "I just need you to be my fake girlfriend so I can break up with my girlfriend," he stated.

Both Janine and Faye look at him with disgust.

"If not what you think. I'm not a bad person. I.." he added.

"Sure," Janine said, crossing her arms. "What a douchebag...," Janine said beneath her breath and looked at Faye in disbelief.

"No, it's not like what you think. I'm dying. I'm in the final stage of lung cancer. I'm going to the hospital tomorrow, but I can't let the one I love watch me slowly die and cry alone while trying her best to smile for me. That's why I need your help to be my fake girlfriend, so she will hate me and never want to see my face and never know the truth.." he said in sorrow.