Chapter 33

Once they were going to enter the restaurant, "Oh, Robert, it's good to see you again," a voice called. They all turn their heads to see the tall, firm handsome man. "Yes. It's good to see you again. What business do you have here?" Robert asks.

"I have a meeting here," Leo answered with his assistant behind him. "So, this is the team?" he asked. "Yes, this is the team," Robert answered. Faye gave both of them a weird look, she had a bad feeling in her guts.

"Who is this, Robert?" Andrea said.

"Sorry, for not introducing myself. The name is Leo Lon. It's a pleasure meeting you all. I hope we all can get along with each other since we are going to work together," Leo said.

"Wait, what do you mean," Faye said, deadly. "Yeah, about that. Faye, this was what I wanted to talk about. I had agreed to form a partnership with the Lon Company," Robert said.

"Are you insane?" Faye said aloud. "Why didn't you inform me?" Faye said.

"Faye..," Robert tries to say.

"You just manage their investments. Why does it matter if the owner decides to form a partnership?" Leo said as if he saw right through them.

"Yes, I'm their investment manager, so he should have run it through me to see if your company is a good idea to invest in," Faye said, deadly. Robert looked at Faye and Leo, he never saw Faye so hostile to anyone without reason, and he couldn't find any reason why she is acting this way. He knew that the Lon Company is a well-known and extraordinary company to partner with, so he thought that Faye would agree with the partnership, but to his surprise, he was wrong.

"Why don't you come to my company and work for me for a couple of weeks to see that he did a great job in choosing my company to form a partnership," Leo said, professional with a hint of cunningness. She wanted to immediately refuse, but Robert answered, "Good idea." Everyone looked bewildered by Robert's comment. "What! No," Faye shut it down.

"I think it's a good idea for Faye to work at your company for a couple of weeks to see how you handle things. She will help you guys manage your investments," Robert had decided.

"I will not," Faye said, glaring at Robert. "Don't worry. One of our team members will assist you," Robert assured her. Before Faye could say no, Eve shouted, "I will do it!" As she was looking at the young man behind Leo. The average-looking man with brown hair was the light in her eyes.

"I guess it's settled. I will send you the contract," Leo said to Robert before entering the restaurant. Faye was standing there, bewildered. She felt like she was invisible to them but forced to be involved.

"Robert, are you insane? I am not working in his company, and I want you to cancel this partnership," Faye said seriously.

"Faye, it's too late for that. I already signed a contract with him this morning. And I think it's a good idea for you to work at his company for a couple of weeks," Robert said again. "Give me a reason why you think they are not a good company to have a partnership with. They are well-known, wealthy, and known to be one of the best companies out there," Robert said.

"You know my grandfather and the Lon company are competitors. My grandfather will make a fuss," Faye said, as she couldn't find any good reason to see why the Lon Company was a bad idea because she knew they were an absolutely great company to partner up with.

"What nonsense is that?" Robert said. Faye couldn't find any other excuse and said, "I inform you that I want you to terminate this partnership immediately; if not, don't bother calling me or seeing me unless this partnership is over." Faye left the group, forgetting about lunch.

The group stood there in silence before Austin said, "Why didn't you tell Faye about this partnership? Why are you forcing Faye to do this?"

Robert answered back, "I figure that Faye would agree with this partnership because the Lon company is a good choice. You all thought so too, once you finished your investigation on them." Everyone quietly agreed. "So I don't understand why Faye is being like this. It's so not like her. She's pretty calm with everything... But this could help her...," Robert said, which caused another silence.