Chapter 65

"Leo. Leo," Faye called out. She held his hand as they were rolling him to the emergency room. Leo was unconscious and didn't hear a thing Faye was saying. "Leo!" Faye called one last time before they told her she couldn't come in.

"No... no.. he has to be fine. He will be fine," she said to herself as if she was trying to find any comfort. It felt like cold water poured on her heart. She thought, "what if I changed the past too much, and it caused the future to change... what if... what if... he... he...." It soon felt like her heart was being ripped into millions of pieces, and it was starting to get harder to breathe. A strong pain emitted from her heart and spread throughout. It was like she was dying, but she was still alive.

"Miss? Are you okay?" a nurse came up to her. "Miss?" The nurse called out again, but Faye couldn't hear anything. Her ears were buzzing. She felt her breathing shortening. Before she knew it, everything blacked out.

____

"Faye? Faye," someone was calling her.

"Leo!" Faye cried out as she regained consciousness. Faye finds herself in a hospital bed and hooked to an IV.

"How's your head? They said you got hit in the head during the kidnapping. They said if you felt any discomfort, then inform them. Do you feel any discomfort?" Janine said, helping her up. Everyone in her room had worried expressions on their faces. Faye looked around.

"Faye?" Faye's grandfather said, worried as they noticed she wasn't listening to them.

"How Leo? Is he okay?" Faye said quickly and tried to get off the bed.

"Faye, calm down," Robert said as they tried to stop her from getting out of the hospital bed.

"Tell me? How is he?" Faye said desperately.

"He is out of the woods and is in a steady condition. He hasn't woken up yet," Vincent said as he entered the room. Austin, Andrea, John, Ben, Ian, and Lake moved out of the way for Vincent to come in.

"Let me go see him," Faye said hastily, ready to get out of bed.

"Yes, I know how urgent it is for you to visit him, but I don't think he would like it if you were in this condition to visit. I think he would like you to rest first," Vincent said calmly, trying to assure her.

"Yes, he will probably still be alive for you to see him later," her grandfather said, not caring for his well-being. However, her grandfather immediately regretted saying that as Faye looked at him with trembling eyes. "I mean... You don't have to worry he will still be alive for you to visit later," he stuttered.

"Yes. Don't worry, Faye," Janine said, patting Faye's hands.

Soon enough, everyone was leaving one by one to let Faye rest.

"Alright, rest well you. I will pick you up tomorrow," Faye's grandfather said. She nodded her head in response before her grandfather and Ben left the room to go and pick up Ming for the night.

The last person to leave was Lake, as Janine and Ian had decided to stay and watch over Faye.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't be of any help, but I hope you rest well," Lake said softly.

"Thank you for coming," Faye said. Lake put up a smile and took one last look at Faye before leaving. Once he left the room, a sad smile appeared on his face. He knew he was too late...

"I'm better now, so let me visit him now," Faye said to Janine. "Faye, the doctors said you have to stay put as they have to observe you for the night," Janine said countless times.

"Faye, I went to check on him. He is still unconscious but looks steady," Ian said again.

Then there was a knock at the door before a mid-age woman in a tight black dress with a professional black suit jacket entered.

"Hello, who may you be?" Janine asked, and both Faye and Ian looked in her direction.

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm Leo's mother," she said, "and you must be my son's girlfriend," she said, looking directly at Faye.