SS: The Missing Past Final Part

Weeks went by as Faye and the little boy continued to meet up by their spot next to the water fountain. During those times, Faye had casually heard some news on social media about the famous Robert Long, who had died in a car accident, or the article about Janine Jone and how she shut down her coffee shop. Sadly, Faye didn't read that she just temporarily closed her shop.

However, each day Faye's face was getting thinner, and her body was getting weaker. Until one day, the little boy asked, "Your face is thinner than yesterday?"

Faye softly smiled before saying, "Oh. That's because I'm not eating a lot. No need to worry." She patted his head.

"You need to eat more vegetables. That's what my daddy tells me," he said. Faye smiled again, "Yes. I will. Don't worry."

______

However, the next day when she woke up she felt her entire body felt heavy, and she couldn't lift an inch of her body. She felt so weak as she started to cough, and her chest felt so tight. She closed her eyes as she wanted to rest, but then she remembered the little boy was waiting for her. She forced her body to move as she stumbled to the ground. She picked herself up as she trembled in pain. She hurried to meet the little boy.

"There you are? I was waiting for you. What took you so long?" the little boy said with a smile. Faye smiled with her pale lips as she sat down on the bench. She patted his head and said, "I'm sorry, but I think this is the last day I will be seeing you. I don't think I can make it to the park anymore."

"What? What do you mean?" the little boy looked up at her. She smiled weakly, "I-I am feeling sick, so I need to rest to get better." She tried to explain to the little boy.

"So you will come back to see me once you get better, right?" the little boy asked.

She smiled, looking at the boy's cute face. "Of course," she said, hoping she can get better.

_____

Weeks went by, and Faye no longer showed up to their spot as the little boy would sit there every day, waiting for her to show up. He held the handkerchief in one hand and the black bracelet in the other hand. He sat on the edge of the water fountain to see if he could see her from afar with the golden retriever sitting by his feet. The little boy took one last look around before Leo walked forward.

"D-dad...," the boy said as Leo sat beside him on the edge of the water fountain. The little boy started to tear up, "She isn't coming? I wanted her to be my mommy..."

Leo patted his head and said, "I would have liked that too." However, that day, Leo found out that she was already married from the background check he did on her, so he pushed that small feeling away. "Come now. Let's go home," he said. The little boy wiped his tears and nodded his head. Leo picked him up as the little boy looked at the water fountain one last time. He then stopped Leo from leaving. "Wait! Wish. I want to make a wish," he said. Leo set him down and went to find him a coin. "Here," Leo said, handing him a coin.

The little boy stood close to the water fountain and closed his eyes to make a wish "I wish for her to be my mommy so daddy and me can be happy." He tossed the coin into the water fountain. The coin gleamed before it was submerged in the clear water.

_____

"Ngh," as Leonard and Leo started to wake up from their nap.

"You three up?" Faye said as she noticed them moving. She walked towards the bed to see Leo, Leonard, and Ming getting up. Leonard was in Leo's arms while Mingy was sleeping below their feet.

"Mommy, I remember now!" Leonard shouted, rubbing his eyes.

"Hm? What do you remember?" Faye said, sitting beside them and lifting her son up to her.