Side Story: The Missing Past Part 1

Faye opened her eyes to find herself all alone again. He didn't come back home tonight again. The room was so big and empty. The pattern scheme for the room was a basic gray and a hint of light blue since Parker didn't like crazy colors. Faye sat up and reached for her phone to see no texts or calls from Parker. She opened her phone before sending a text to Parker, asking him why he didn't come home last night. She sat there waiting for his reply as he had read it. She waited for a few minutes before she got off the bed. She coughed while she held her chest. She thought she should hurry and take her pills.

A few minutes later, she got dressed and ready for the day as she was taking her pills. Finally, a text arrived as she read it. It was a simple reply, "Work."

She then texted back to ask if he was coming back tonight and was answered with, "Who knows."

Faye forced a smile on her frown as he barely came home. She looked around the empty house as she hated being alone inside the quiet house. After getting married, Parker told her to quit her job and stay home. So, she just stayed home most of her days and made food that she hoped Parker would like.

Since he said he may come home tonight, she should cook him some food so that when he comes back home, there will be food for him to eat. She left to buy some groceries to make the food.

She felt like walking to help her improve her health back, so she didn't have the driver driving her. As she was walking, she noticed the bulletin board. It showed Robert Long's famous tea called everlast. She really did like his tea and had to remember to buy some again. She continued her way to the market until she noticed a beautiful coffee shop. She stopped and looked at it.

"Oh, hello. Come in and have some of my coffee," Janine said with a bright smile as she was opening the doors.

"Oh. Maybe next time," Faye said with a kind smile. "Well. I hope so," Janine cheerfully said. Faye smiled and continued her way.

"Sis, what are you doing?" Ian said from inside. "I was going to put this plant outside, but then I met a customer," Janine said, setting the flower pot down outside the door.

"Well, I don't know how to make coffee. You really should hire people," Ian said.

"Yes. Coming," Janine said, entering back. "What did I tell you? Don't carry heavy things, especially when you are expecting," Vincent said, appearing behind her.

"It's fine. It's just a small plant," Janine tried to assure him. Vincent stared at her and her tummy. "Okay. Okay. Stop fussing," Janine said before pulling him to kiss his cheek.

"You really should hire some people," Vincent said, worried about his wife. "Don't worry, I'll be fine on my own. I have been doing this for so long. I'm fine," Janine said, not worried.

"What's your plan when your baby arrives?" Ian said, setting the cups down. "You know I just help out a little bit when I have time," Ian said. "Um, I guess I'll temporarily close the shop," Janine said. Ian and Vincent were surprised. "Are you sure?" Vincent said. "Yes. Don't worry," Janine said with a smile.

_____

Faye left the market with two bags full of groceries as she was walking through the park. She started to hear a small whimper. She turned her head to see a little boy on his butt as he was looking at his knee by the big water fountain. She headed toward the little boy and set her bags down.

"Hi there, are you okay? Did you lose your parents?" Faye asked before bending down to his level.

The little boy looked up with tears in his eyes before saying, "I fell, and it hurts." He showed her his banged-up right knee.