Chapter 67

Ian lifted the blanket up before he moved to get a better position on the sofa as his neck was getting stiff. However, once he looked towards the bed, he saw Faye was gone. "Janine!" Ian shouted as his sleepiness was gone.

"Hmm?" Janine rubbed her eyes before lifting her head off the small pillow. "Faye is missing?" Ian said.

"What!" Janine instantly woke up and sat up. She looked around to see the room to be completely empty in the dark, with just Janine and Ian in the room. "Where did she go?" Janine said worriedly. She got off the couch, "Is she in the restroom?" Janine asked. They hurried to search for her.

"Wait, don't tell me... she went to visit Leo," Janine said.

Janine and Ian reached Leo's room before they quietly and slowly opened the door. The room was dark, and only the light close to the bed was on. They saw Faye on the bed with Leo. Janine and Ian walked closer to see she was lying on her side. She slept on his left arm as he wrapped his left arm around her shoulder. They noticed her eyelids were bright red as if she had finished crying.

"Faye...," Janine said softly before reaching her hand to wake Faye up.

"It's okay," a voice said, stopping Janine from waking Faye up. Janine and Ian were shocked to see Leo staring at them. They thought he hadn't awoken yet, so they were planning to wake up Faye telling her to let him rest and that he will wake up soon. She didn't have to worry about him. However, to their surprise, he had already woken up. "Don't worry. She's fine here. Also, I don't think you could get her to go," Leo said softly, glancing down. Janine and Ian looked down to where Leo was looking and found Faye holding onto his clothes tightly, refusing to let go. Both Janine and Ian's eyebrows raise in surprise before smiling softly and leaving the room, without Faye noticing them.

The next morning, Faye woke up with the light blinding her eyes. She looked up to see Leo still sleeping, with his face having some color. She finally released her hand from his clothes before reaching to touch his face. "What are you doing?" he said with his eyes still closed but stopping her from poking his face.

"When did you wake up?" she said. "Just now," he said, opening his eyes to look at her. At that moment, she remembered all the embarrassing things she did last night. She couldn't believe herself before she tried to get off the bed. "Where are you going?" Leo said, stopping her from leaving. She didn't say anything as she flusteredly tried to leave, but he refused to let her go. He could tell she was embarrassed as he smiled.

"Hey, let me go. I have to go back to my room," she said. Leo smiled, thinking of something before he groaned in pain. Faye turned back and said, "Are you okay? Does your wound hurt?"

Leo then pulled her in. "Y-you," Faye said, flustered as she knew she had been tricked. He chuckled and hugged her tightly. "I feel better now," he said.

"Hey, that is not a laughing matter," Faye said, lightly punching him. Then the doorknob turned before the door opened. Faye immediately got off the hospital bed and sat beside him.

"Oh, I didn't expect to see you here. Didn't we say you have to rest before visiting" Vincent said, surprised to see Faye here with her hospital clothes and IV bag as he entered the room. "Oh, you finally awake," Vincent said, surprised again to see Leo up. He sighed before saying, "You know you gave me a scare. Please take care of yourself and be cautious. Do you know you got shot on your right side? Do you want to never be able to use your right hand again? Your right wrist is barely healed yet. I don't care if you refused, but I'm forcing you to stay here until you're fully recovered." Vincent did a glance down his charts. "Do you feel any pain or discomfort?" Vincent asked.

"It's durable," Leo said, with Faye looking at him worried.

_____

Faye closed the door behind her, making her way back to her room. She rolled the IV bag down the hall before noticing Leo's grandfather with some men behind him exiting the elevator. Leo's grandfather briefly glanced at her before stopping to look at her again. She realized him looking at her, but she made it like she didn't mind him.

"Mr. Lon," his worker said, breaking Leo's grandfather's gaze before he continued walking. She entered the room and thought she was lucky that she left before his grandfather came.