Chapter 21

Parker was still pitching his idea to Leo, while Leo was half paying attention to him as he was looking at Faye, who had redirected her attention to the other direction. In the corner of Faye's eyes, she noticed Rin reaching them. Faye quickly walks away from them and heads to her grandfather, who had just finished talking. Faye took the split second to leave before Rin could get a good enough look at her. "Parker?" Rin called out sweetly. Parker turned his head to see Rin. "Ah, Rin," he said so genuinely. "Sorry, I was going to look for you after I finish discussing with Leo," he added.

Rin smiles softly and delicately before speaking, " It's alright. I found you first." She displays a sweet innocent look. "Who is this?" she asked so timidly.

"This is Leo Lon," Parker introduces Leo to Rin.

Rin smiles innocently and says, "Nice to meet you." Leo glanced at her and nodded his head before redirecting his gaze to Parker and said, "Your idea is too risky. You will lose more profit than gaining. Excuse me," he left them speechless.

"Faye," her grandfather said seriously.

"Hmm?" she responded.

"Do you know that guy?" her grandfather asked.

"What guy?" Faye asked.

"Him," her grandfather pointed at Leo, who had already left Rin and Parker and was heading to the side of an older man.

"Not really," she answered back.

"Don't go near that guy," her grandfather said. Faye looked at her grandfather confused.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because," he said without giving any explanation. She ponders before she recalls that her grandfather's company and the Lon company are competitors.

"Such a shame, she knows Richard Davidson," Leo's grandfather spoke hostilely. "Don't go near that girl," he added as both grandfathers had a deep grudge against each other. Leo just silently listens to his grandfather. "However, she looks familiar..." his grandfather pondered looking at Faye because she reminded him of someone he knew long ago.

"Faye, where did you disappear to?" Robert asked once he found her again.

"I need a drink... So what did my father want?" she said.

"He wanted me to work for him in his company, but I declined the offer," Robert said.

Faye smiled before saying, " why didn't you?"

"Why would I? I literally run your company, so why would I downgrade myself to work under him," he said. "Also, I enjoy working for you," he added with a smile.

"Is that so," she said in disbelief.

"Faye," her grandfather called her again. "Hmm?" she responded again.

"The ceremony is beginning soon, so we are going to be seated," Ben tells her as the room was getting dimmer.

"Faye, you can go," her grandfather said, which surprised her. "Go ahead," he said again.

Her face lit up before leaving. Her grandfather had noticed something was up with Faye as she seemed tense and overwhelmed. She was clenching her fists, and her forehead seemed to crinkle from time to time, especially, when the lights dimmed. It worried him, so seeing her face was relieved. It gave him a sense of relief as well.

"Rin? Where are you going?" Parker asked. "The ceremony is going to begin?" he added and was ready to take his seat. Rin didn't hear him as she spotted the woman again. She rushed to find her again. Once she reached where she last saw her, she was standing right in front of the table of her grandfather, uncles, and aunts.

"Rin? What's the matter?" Faye's father said nervously, and he grinded his teeth together.

"I'm so sorry for the intrusion," she said politely. She was still scanning around. Then her grandfather cleared his throat in ignorance as both Faye's mother and father felt embarrassed by Rin. Rin lowered her head in embarrassment and hurried to leave. As Rin was leaving the presence of her grandfather, Faye had already reached the exit and was leaving the ceremony.

Once she exited the building, she felt like she couldn't breathe as her breath was shortening each time she was breathing in. She met them again. She wasn't prepared to ever see them again. She never wanted to meet them again!

"Miss, are you okay?" the valet said, once he exited her car. Faye didn't even notice when the car had pulled up. She looked up as her expression showed nothing.

"Yes," she responded before grabbing her car keys and entering the car. The valet stood there, not knowing what just happened, and scratched his head in confusion. Faye quickly sped away, trying to get far away from the ceremony as possible. Then the bright red light flashes in an instant before she has to do a last-minute reflex and slam on her breaks. She took a deep, deep sigh and proceeded in, waiting for the green light to reappear. Once the green light flashed, she proceeded the drive, and her grip on her steering wheel was getting tighter and tighter as she remembered their happy smiles.

Then a loud car horn was blasting behind her before a car zoomed past her. Faye then parks on the side of the road with her hazard lights on and leans her head on the steering wheel. She can see it. All those faces, smiling happily and enjoying their life without even noticing that her presence was no longer there as if she was never part of their family in the first place. She hated them! She clenched tighter on the steering wheel, but then a small voice swept over their faces and memories as she could hear the voice again in her head, "Hello again. We meet again."

Her hand released the steering wheel, and she lifted her head before remembering that man who smiled so brightly at her. She doesn't understand his motive but that smile. For some reason, that smile bugs her. It irritates her that schemie smile of his. Before she could think any more, her phone rang. "Hello," Faye answered in a moto tone.

"Faye? Are you okay? Robert just called me. He said he couldn't find you anymore and said that you didn't look okay. Did something happen?" Janine said, extremely concerned. "I'm fine. Don't worry. Later," she hung up with her eyes showing remorse and resentment.