SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 3

Lillian waited nervously outside the room with her hands clamped together. The door opened, and Lake exited the room. Before he could say anything, Lillian said with her eyes looking at the floor, "I'm sorry."

All she heard was Lake laughing as she looked up confused. "Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong. I saw everything." Lake said with a smile. She was surprised to see his warm smile.

"So... you saw everything?" she asked.

"Yes, so don't worry. Also, you should have some backbone and cuss them out," he said with a bright smile.

"That's easier said than done...," she muttered, but again he heard it. "Thank you, "she said, looking at the floor.

"Am I scary?" he asked. "What?" She looked up.

"Well, you don't look at me in the face. Am I scary looking?" he said.

"N-no. You are good-looking!" She said quickly before realizing what she said, making her face red. He chuckled, "Good. So you don't have to look down at the floor but at me since you said I have a good-looking face."

Lillian's face was still red and didn't know what to say. "Well, we are done for the day. You should leave before they mess with you again. Don't worry. I made them clean up the mess," Lake said with a bright smile.

"Thank you!" she tried to say loudly while he was leaving. He turned back as if he heard a cute little hamster trying to squeak loudly. He tried to contain his smile and said, "No worries. Do tell me if they are bothering you. So I can help you."

_______

"So, how was it? Your first day?" a woman asked Lillian once she entered the cafe.

"Let's see. I did good on my first day and then made some enemies on the first day," Lillian said, drinking her ice americano.

"What! How's that possible? Everyone is friendly, and Lake and James (Lake's manager) are nice people," her friend said, not understanding.

"I didn't know what to say... They don't like how I dress," Lillian said quietly.

"What! How dare they judge you! Don't worry, I'm working tomorrow. I'll show them," she boosted in anger.

"Emily, it's fine. I don't want to cause trouble," Lillian tried to calm her friend down.

"No, I can't. How can I let you suffer? Your aunt told me to take care of you. Also, I was the one who told you that this job will not let you suffer like your last job," Emily said, setting her drink down.

Lillian softly smiled before saying, "It's fine... at least this job is much nicer than my last job."

"Who are the people who are rude to you? I will get them," Emily said, ready to fight for her friend.

"I think her name was Claire," Lillian said quietly.

"Oh, her," Emily said in disgust. "She is very picky and peculiar with certain things. Don't let her bother you," Emily said.

"Don't worry. It doesn't," Lillian said, looking at her drink. Emily sighed before saying, "She is a lucky person to have met a nice, forgiving person like you. You should have some backbone."

Lillian then softly chuckled as she remembered Lake saying the same thing. Her friend was shocked to see Lillian chuckling as if she barely saw her friend smile. "What are you laughing at?" Emily said.

"Someone said that to me today," Lillian said. "Really, who?" Emily said. At that moment, Lillian glanced out the window to see Lake, walking to a coffee shop. Soon, a beautiful lady came out of the shop. She stopped and noticed Lake. They started to chat as his face was shy and happy to talk to her. Then a little toddler came running towards them out of nowhere before the beautiful lady noticed the boy and bent down to hug him and pick him up. The beautiful lady and little boy waved goodbye as a handsome man was waiting for them by the car.

Lillian watched Lake watch them leave. She saw that his expression showed a sad longing.

"Lillian!" Emily called out many, many times. "Huh?" Lillian finally looked at her friend.

"I was calling out your name so many times, and you didn't hear me. I can see that you see Lake," Emily said, looking out the window too.

"You know it's not weird to see artists going out?" Emily said, drinking her iced latte. Lillian looked outside the window to see Lake entering the coffee shop. "Who was that lady?" Lillian asked without realizing what she was saying.

"Oh, that's Faye Grey. Don't you know her? She is the most talented woman in the city. Don't you know the famous granddaughter of Richard Davidson, the wealthiest man in the city, and the wife of Leo Lon, the most handsome man in the city? She and Lake are also good friends," Emily said, stirring her drink with the straw.

"Oh, good friends...," Lillian said, remembering Lake's expression.