Chapter 39

Janine helped Faye enter the hospital as they were heading into the ER. Leo and a tall man in a white coat were walking toward them. "Leo quit complaining. You had to do your annual check-up," the man with glasses said.

"Vincent, next time you lie to me to get me here, I will end you," Leo said, deadly. "Yes, yes," Vincent said calmly. Since Vincent's family was all doctors and has been treating Leo's family for many many generations.

"How are you feeling, Faye?" Janine said as they were about to enter the ER waiting room, and both Vincent and Leo spotted them and causally bumped into them.

"Why are you here, Janine? What happened?" Vincent said as he looked at Janine.

"Oh, Vincent. Perfect. My friend got injured," Janine directed Vincent's attention to Faye.

"Are you alright, Faye?" Leo's face showed serious concern. Janine stopped and looked at the person beside Vincent. He looked oddly familiar like she had seen him before but couldn't pinpoint it.

"It's nothing serious," Faye answered back, not looking him in the eyes.

"Nothing serious! You can barely move your arm," Janine said. Faye looked at Janine, telling her to shut her mouth, but Janine didn't seem to notice. "That doesn't sound good. Come into my office and see what's the deal," Vincent said, directing Faye to his office.

"Thanks for the offer, but I can just wait in line at the ER," Faye said, heading to the ER.

"Faye," Janine said, stopping her.

"Don't worry. I have no patients right now,'' Vincent said.

"He is my attending doctor since you are my employee. It's my responsibility that you have great care," Leo said.

Faye, "..."

Janine, "..."

Vincent, "..."

"Yes, don't worry. I will take good care of you," Vincent said. Before Faye could decline again, Janine said, "Thank you, Vincent," as she dragged Faye to follow Vincent.

"Alright, it looks like you have dislocated your shoulder and sprained your wrist," Vincent diagnosed Faye. Faye was quietly sitting on the hospital bed with Janine sitting beside her while Leo was standing next to the door, quietly watching Faye. Before Vincent could continue to talk, Faye's phone rang. "Go ahead and take it," Vincent reassures her with a smile.

"What's the matter, Robert?" Faye answered.

"Hey, Faye, where are you? Eve informed me that you didn't show up at the Lon company," Robert said. She glanced at Leo as he also looked at her before she looked away and casually said, "I'm at the hospital."

"What! Which hospital?" Robert said, extremely concerned. "Summer Hospital. I'm hanging up now," Faye said, hanging up the phone.

"Alright, Miss Grey, we have to pop your shoulder back in place," Vincent said.

After getting treated, Faye had a brace on her wrist and a sling over her shoulder as everyone was about to leave Vincent's office. "Remember to come back for a check-up," Vincent reminded Faye. He continued, "Janine, it's your turn,'' as he was looking at Janine's bruised arm.

"Oh, I'm fine. It's just a little bruise. Nothing serious," Janine said carefree.

"It's best to put some ointment on it," Vincent said.

"I'll wait for you outside,'' Faye said, leaving the room with Leo. She awkwardly walks away as Leo trails behind her. She felt awkward since they didn't leave on a good note the last time they met yesterday. She didn't know where to start with him.

Before any of them could talk to each other, someone had already rushed over to them. "Faye! There you are. Are you okay?" Robert said, panting before noticing Leo. "Oh, Leo," Robert said, nodding his head to him and redirecting his attention to Faye again. "What happened to you? Are you okay?" Robert said again.

"I'm fine. It's nothing serious," Faye said, not getting into it. In the midst of their talking, a man in black was taking photos of Faye, Leo, and Robert together before quickly leaving without a trace.