구(9): Ex-girlfriends

DAY 15

LALISA

Two days have passed; my mother hasn't answered my phone calls and she hasn't replied to my messages

I was anxious the whole time because what if something bad happened to her? I have a lot of what ifs in my head and sometimes it makes me lose my focus.

The last time I heard about my mother, she was still in Ethiopia doing medical missions since it was part of her hobby to help some people around the world.

She could be the United Nations President someday...

Accidentally, I poured hot water on my left hand, tripped on my own feet, and almost hit my head on the desk, but I managed to keep my balance.

"Bro, what happened to you?" Seulgi asked worriedly as she helped me stand up properly.

"I just trip on my own feet." I answered, which made her sigh.

"Your hand, Lali." She pointed at my left hand and grabbed it, then she ran cold water on it.

We went to the clinic of the company, and she was the one who bandaged my hand.

"Why do you look bothered, Lali?" Seulgi asked.

My mom hasn't answered her phone for two days, and it's making me worried. I answered her.

Before Seulgi could even talk, we got interrupted when my phone rang, and it was my call to go back to Ms. Kim's office because she needed me.

Luckily, Seulgi finished bandaging my left hand. She patted my shoulder as comfort, and I went to Ms. Kim's office.

When I arrived, I saw Ms. Kim talking with someone, and he looked familiar. He is the same guy who gave Ms. Kim an invitation.

Mr. Taehyung Kim.

He was sitting comfortably on the couch, so Ms. Kim didn't bother talking to him. Maybe that's why she called me; someone barged inside her office and she wanted me to shoo him away.

"Lalisa." Ms. Kim called me when she noticed my presence.