삼십이(32): Watch

DAY 67

LALISA

It's already dinner time. Jennie and I are sitting in front of the dining table here in her dining hall. We were both eating; she told me how excited she was about to buy a gift for me and how excited she was about to receive a gift from me.

Her excitement is somewhat making me anxious because my gift was not expensive and it's the only thing I can afford since I can't use all of my cards.

After we finished eating, we went to her bedroom, sat in front of each other on the bed, and held our gifts for each other.

Jennie has a big box in her lap; it's bigger than mine. She was staring at my gift with excitement all over her face.

"Happy weeksary of our marriage, Lili." She smiled and handed me the large box from her lap.

I hesitantly accepted the big box and said, "Happy weeksary of our marriage, Nini. This gift was the only thing I could afford for now."

I handed her my gift, and she immediately accepted it.

"Can we open it now?" She asked while bouncing in her bed because of excitement.

"Yeah, go on." I didn't bother opening her gift to me. I watched Jennie instead, so I could see her reaction to my gift.

She removed the wrapper and opened the metal tin can to see a black Baby-G watch with yellow on the interior of the design.

"Did you like it?" I asked her, tilting my head a bit to see her whole reaction. "It's a couple's watch. Look [I showed her my watch], it's look good right. Your favorite color was black and mine was yellow, so I chose this watch."

"You remember my favorite color?" She looked at me, and I nodded.

"You like pink also, right?" I said, then she suddenly threw herself at me and hugged me tightly.

"Lili, you are the best! I love your gift so much!" She peppered my face with kisses as she thanked me over and over again.

I lay in her bed with her on top of me. She stopped kissing me, and we just stared at each other's eyes.