이십(20): Collapsed

DAY 50

LALISA

Five days have passed since the last time I talked with Ms. Kim. I didn't bother going work even though my resignation still not approve yet. 

I did nothing but lazy around. I know it's not productive, but for me it is since I work my ass off for the whole month working for Ms. Kim.

Right now, I'm sitting on my single couch, watching whatever is on TV. I don't have any shows in mind, so I'll just go with whatever show is flashing on this TV.

Ring! Ring!

I heard my phone ring, which caught my attention. I looked at the screen to see Jisoo calling me, so I quickly answered.

When I answered the phone, I heard a lot of noise.

KJ: Lali, come here please! We need your help, there is a big problem here in the company. We need your help.

LM: What's going on?

KJ: The other branch collapsed! Jennie was inside the building and we can't go inside because of the electric wire surrounding the only way to get inside to rescue her!

Out of instinct, I jumped up from the couch and dashed into my bedroom to get dressed.

LM: Who's with her? Where is the engineer?

KJ: The new engineer was here with us, finding another way to get inside the building, and Jennie was alone inside since you didn't go to work to accompany her appointments.

I ran outside my apartment and got inside my car.

LM: I'll be there; wait for me.

I ended the call and drove my car, not minding the speed limit. 

•••

NEW BRANCH

I didn't bother parking my car properly; I just locked it and went outside. I quickly looked for Jisoo to see her with Bambam and the rescue team.

"What's the update?" I asked them and just noticed that Mr. and Mrs. Kim were here too.

"We manage to turn off the electricity, but it's hard to get inside because the way is narrow. Also, there is a big possibility that the post that is holding the walls will collapse." Jisoo answered.