| prologue |

" family is supposed to be our safe haven

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

" family is supposed to be our safe haven. very often, it's the place where we find the deepest heartache. "  - iyanla vanzant

── •✧• ──

EARTH WAS a strange place; a peculiar, phenomenal, bountiful world where a few exceptional individuals banded together to do things greater than themselves.

But they were soon stifled by the laws and confinement of the ordinary.

Zaiya was willing to live alone for the rest of her days after being an infamous daughter of Thanos. The very idea of love had been poisoned and twisted since she was a young girl. She never expected to fall into the comfort of another family or even learn to love again, but, as her cruel fate would dictate, it was taken from her just as soon as she held it within her grasp.

Zaiya fought those she cared about, and their bonds were forever changed. She only fought for what she believed was right, saving an innocent man from a wicked fate over which he had no control, and refusing to see her powers in the hands of those who claimed they understood the power which they would hold. James Buchanan Barnes did remind her of herself in that sense. 

Her exceptional family had lied, betrayed and hurt one another. All for the sake of the ordinary and their desires and need for control.

Catastrophe.

Despite his offer, Zaiya couldn't bring herself to accompany Steve Rogers into hiding. She opted to stay in Wakanda, where she could hopefully live the rest of her days stress free, and help Bucky should he need it. She was over picking sides. She too ignored Tony Stark's outstretched hand, the stability of a home and company tempting, yet still a façade that Zaiya saw right through. She'd be in jail before Tony could say or do anything about it. 

Ultimately, she decided to abandon the Avengers, desperately wanting to find comfort and solace within herself before she allowed herself to fall victim to heartache again.

However, despite her best wishes, a sparking orange portal opened as she was about to leave, a humid and stuffy atmosphere overpowering her senses. It would become another home, surrounded by magic and knowledge.

Kamar-Taj was the perfect bubble to conceal oneself in. But, her perception of the world got stranger. In more ways than one.

── •✧• ──

| ordinary | stephen strangeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें