| chapter forty four |

" Some things are infinite

" Some things are infinite. There's no biggest number, no farthest star, no end to my love for you. "

•◇•

|| Trigger Warning: mentions of infertility and similar themes ||

AN OCTOPUS. An octopus seemed to be next of the pair's bizarre hitlist of alternate universe visitors. Amongst the chaos, the pair had barely spoken a word to each other but they both knew that the previous little spell had caused much more disaster than they thought.

The two were now home, relatively safe, Peter now with them. A terrified yelp left his lips as Stephen gripped his shoulder, his hair still a mess and a fresh slash decorating his cheek bone.

"Be careful what you wish for, Parker." Stephen exaggerated, rather out of breath.

"Let me out of here!" The octopus man yelled from his cell, causing Zaiya to send a harsh glare his way.

She sent out a dash of her own tentacles and slammed the protective barrier, sending the man to clamber backwards. The dark haired man sent a mocking look the woman's way, not appreciating her clear sass in the nature of her actions.

"Can you please explain to me what is going on?" Peter asked desperately.

"The spell. Clearly it's last minute changes have wreacked havoc." Zaiya mumbled, sitting on the steps close by to Stephen and Peter.

"It started pulling in everyone who knows Peter Parker's Spider-Man from every universe into this one. So thank you for that." Stephen explained, getting annoyed all over again.

"From every universe?" Peter repeated, now confused.

"Who are you? And where am I?" The other man asked behind Zaiya.

"I think it's better we don't engage with them because, frankly, the multiverse is a concept about which we know frightingly little." Stephen said.

"The multiverse is real?" Peter asked, eyes wide in amazement.

"This shouldn't even be possible..."

"But I thought you stopped the spell."

"He contained it. Clearly not fast enough." Zaiya chided, a glare sent her way. "After you left, we detected another otherworldly presence. Took us a bit, but we ended up in the sewers and fished out that...thing."

"Slimy, green, son of a gun..." Stephen muttered, raising a finger to his still bleeding wound.

"Sure, that." Zaiya commented, figuring it was as good as a name as any.

"Spell? As in magic? What is this, a birthday party? Who is this clown? What is this madness? And who the hell is she?!" The man asked, seemingly unamused.