| chapter fifteen |

" She learned to say things with her eyes that others waste time putting into words

" She learned to say things with her eyes that others waste time putting into words. " - Corey Ford

•◇•

"SO YOU plan to let Loki fall, you estimate ten minutes...leave a card with our address on it so Thor knows where to go...and then we talk to him about Odin? Remind me why I can't just go pick him up?" Zaiya asked, sitting on the steps of the Sanctum, a bewildered look on her face.

"I don't trust Loki...nor Thor for that matter. He is technically still a risk." Stephen justified, writing their address on a paper card.

"Why on earth are you wearing the gloves again?" Zaiya changed the subject dramatically, her hands pinching her eyebrows together in confusion.

"They're not that bad."

"No, they're bad."

"Just because you'd rather have access to my fingers all the time." Stephen flirted, raising an eyebrow.

"You'll deny yourself the pleasure? Wow, didn't know I was that awful." Zaiya smirked, trying to guilt trip Stephen.

"One, nice try. Two, the gloves stay."

Zaiya rolled her eyes, as Stephen opened a portal, knowing Loki was about to fall indefinitely for...at least thirty minutes.

•◇•

Zaiya watched from the shadows as Thor teleported into the Sanctum, turning around as Stephen said his name. Always one for the dramatics, Stephen floated forward, letting the light reveal himself...and those awful gloves. Thor, held out an umbrella? Zaiya stood confused for a moment before she realised it must be Mjolnir, concealed by some form of magic. As she thought about it, seeing Thor in casual clothes always threw her for a loop.

"God of Thunder." Stephen said, confirming her suspicions. "You can put down the umbrella."

Thor hesitated for a moment, and Zaiya, rather not wanting to see her Sanctum wrecked, emerged from the shadows.

"You can trust him, Thor. We're here to help." Zaiya admitted, looking to Thor with a smile on her face.

"Zaiya?!" Thor boomed, taking large strides towards her, wasting no time embracing her in a hug. "It is good to see you!"

"You as well, Thor. Now, can you put the umbrella away before it breaks a window?" Zaiya pleaded, smiling at him pleasantly.

Something in Stephen's chest was bubbling as he watched the two speak. No, no. He told himself to be quiet because there was nothing to be concerned about. He took a certain amount of pride having Zaiya as close to him as she was. Now knowing her past, he held onto that pride like a precious jewel he was scared to lose. Thor turned around, putting his umbrella in a handy metal holder, and Stephen took advantage of the chance to change their surroundings, bringing Zaiya closer to him.