| chapter fifty five |

" Maybe one day we'll find the place where dreams and reality collide

" Maybe one day we'll find the place where dreams and reality collide. "

── •✧• ──

WITH HER arms crossed against her chest, Zaiya stared down the girl who decided stealing from her saviours was the smartest and best idea she could possibly have. Zaiya didn't mind it too much, but the more she saw how this girl went about her rather reckless actions, the more questions she had.

"We're not going to hurt you if that's what you're worried about." Zaiya said, putting the teens behaviour down to fear.

"We can handle giant monsters but what bothers me is that last night you were in my dream." Stephen said as though stating the obvious, causing Zaiya's gaze to swing dramatically to him.

"What?" Zaiya asked softly, now getting more confused.

"That wasn't a dream. It was another universe." The girl said plainly, as if it was common knowledge.

The trio of Zaiya, Stephen and Wong shared confused looks to one another. Their concerns growing equally. This was becoming something much larger awfully quickly, yet Zaiya was more than happy to be out of that wedding.

── •✧• ──

"How much experience do you guys have with the Multiverse?" The young girl asked.

"We have experience of the Multiverse. Most recently there was an incident with Spider-Man." Stephen answered, going to ramble on before he was interrupted.

"What man?" The girl scoffed, brows creased downwards.

"Spider-Man. He has the powers of a spider."

"Hence the name." Wong clarified.

"Gross. Does he look like a spider?"

"No, hence the man part of said name." Zaiya muttered, growing increasingly aware of the stares and whispers being thrown their way by members of the public. 

"Climbs walls, shoots webs." Wong explained.

"Yeah, bingo." Stephen chided, agreeing.

"Out of his butt?!" The girl asked, suddenly bewildered.

"Spirits. Does this really matter?" Zaiya exclaimed, rubbing her brow with her finger.

The nagging issue on the silver haired woman's brain was the concept of Stephen witnessing his other multiverse self with this girl, just last night. It made her wonder instantly about her own dream, the image of their son as clear as day in her mind. Yet, along with that feeling of joy she didn't want to think about another one of her being torn apart from her Stephen. The sadness washed over her, her forehead constantly down turned and creased in worry and confusion.