| chapter forty seven |

" Every villain is a hero in his own mind

" Every villain is a hero in his own mind. " - Tom Hiddleston

•◇•

THE WEBS were the centre of attention in the laboratory, each one of them utterly bewildered that they had jetted out of Peter's wrist...naturally. Zaiya wanted to question it further, just to have a slight more of an inkling as to why or even how it happened but there were more pressing matters at stake.

"How on earth does that-?" The younger Peter asked, edging closer to his older counterpart and away from Zaiya's side.

"Anyway, we're getting sidetracked. This is where we're gonna do this, okay? It's isolated, so no one should get hurt." Peter commanded, flipping the laptop around to face the rest of the group.

A picture of the Statue of Liberty faced them, scaffolding still surrounding its structure as they worked on adding Captain America's shield. Zaiya took a breath, smiling at the thought of her friend.

"We draw them there with the box. It's the one thing they all want. All we have to do is figure out how we're gonna get there."

"Oh, we could portal there!" Ned spoke up excitedly.

"Sorry, what?" Zaiya asked, dark brows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm magic now!" Ned exclaimed, Zaiya's mouth opening in shock.

"Now? How do you know?!" Zaiya asked, failing to see how on earth it was possible without a sling ring..."Ah. You have his sling ring. You've had that all this time?"

"Yeah..."

"Remember when I said I might need to duck out to get Stephen out of his little predicament...I don't know...maybe ten minutes ago and decided getting a sling ring would take too long?" Zaiya grumbled.

"Well, no offence but do we really want him here? He would probably get in our way..." MJ muttered.

Zaiya sighed dramatically, probably figuring she was right.

"I'll let it slide."

"Dude, I got Doctor Strange magic!" Ned exclaimed.

"Please, never say that again." Zaiya groaned, immediately hating the phrase.

"Is that what he says in the bedroom? Sorry..." Peter joked, immediately closing his mouth out of fear of Zaiya's reaction.

"Peter Parker do not even start with me." Zaiya warned, black flames erupting quickly and dissipating from her shoulders, much to the horror of the other two Peter's.

•◇•

Zaiya's task was simple, protect the box at all costs and the two kids beside her to the best of her ability. There was next to no chance that they would find out where the box went, once it was with them, but still, things could go haywire.