Chapter 1.

Life. It's sad, fun, happy, depending on how you act. Life is truly something you should be careful with.

People have gotten betrayed, loved, and destroyed... Is there anyone to trust anymore in this world? We can't put the blame on anyone, but ourselves.

This world is a terrifying place.

Amity Blight, known as the Little Miss Perfect had bullies for friends. It was nice to be encountered with those strong-willed people but she was forced to do things she didn't want to do.

Then a day came.

Amity and her other friends, Boscha, Skara, Emy and Ella, went to the 5 star rating coffee shop which was surprisingly near to their school.

Amity entered first and bumped into someone, who seemed to be a person who worked in the shop. "Ow..." Both of them said. The other person stood up first and helped Amity.

"I'm so sorry. Please come in." The woman said and smiled at all of them. They all sat down and realised that not really a lot of people were there. "Skara, I hope you didn't mistake this place for another coffee shop! This place doesn't scream 5 star rating!" Boscha whispered into Skara's ear.

She checked. Exactly 3 times and Skara was right. She didn't mistake it. "But doesn't this place look exquisite and clean? I mean literally, there isn't a spec of dust!" Amity put her finger and moved it on a straight line on the window and showed them that it wasn't dirty.

"Ah! Please don't touch the window. I just cleaned it." Amity immediately apologized. "What do you want to order?" Everyone checked their menus and they all ordered.

The woman understood and started making what they wanted. She made coffee, she brought out some sodas, croissants, baguettes and cream puffs. In exactly less than 2 minutes, she served everything.

They all took a bite at the same time and they all almost fainted. It wasn't bad. To say it was good was an understatement. "WOW." Boscha's mouth was wide opened. "Is it to your liking, everyone?" They all shaked their head and kept on eating like children.

The woman giggled. "I really think you should try the coffee and cream puffs. They're really nice." They all looked at it and tried it. "It's really nice! This place is really a 5 star rating indeed!"

Then the woman's phone started ringing. Immediately she saw it, her smile changed quickly and she cut the call. She adjusted her glasses and packed all the plates since they were done.

Amity noticed something. Something that was wrong. "Um... Excuse me-" "Amity! Let's go!" The woman looked at Amity and she gave her a sign to come back later and Amity nodded.

But there was truly something wrong.

Some hours later when Amity left her group, she returned back. The woman saw Amity come inside and welcomed her.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you again. What I served you was alright, right?" Amity nodded. "I wanted to asked you about something." They both sat down.

"Go on."

"What happened to you when you looked at your phone? Your smile suddenly faded." Then there was silence.

Luz then finally responded. "Can we introduce ourselves at least? I don't think it's right to just talk about things when we don't even know our names." She smiled and sighed.

"My name is Luz Noceda. And you?" She brought out her hand. "Amity Blight. It's very nice to meet you." Amity shaked her hand.

"You know, if you really don't want to stay in your little group, you can tell them. Be expressive." Amity was shocked. "How did you-" "Anyway! I think it's good for you to go. Like right now."

"You have books to read, am I right? So do I. You should really be going." They both stood up and Luz started pushing her outside.

"But what about-" "Okay! Bye bye." She left Amity outside and shut the door.

...

"Thank God."

The Next Day...

"Argh!" Luz was pushed to the floor. "You little bastard! Even though you acted so kind towards us, you still have the audacity...!" Skara insulted Luz.

Yesterday, Skara had spied on Amity because she felt like something was up. Something didn't feel right. Until she heard that part when Luz told her to leave her little group.

Amity hadn't come to school yet, and Skara told Boscha and the other girls in Amity's little group. Skara heard everything. Boscha, Emy, Skara and Ella ganged up and beat Luz.

Luz coughed out blood and finally, Amity arrived. Amity was shocked. Amity wanted to help her but she couldn't. Peer pressure really did something on Amity Blight. By anything, Amity even went close to Luz and stepped on her.

Luz was still coughing blood. Nobody gave Luz help. Luz was on the brink of death.

Not even Amity, who was the caring one, helped.

"Ha... This world is truly a terrible place." Luz stood up and started walking like everything was completely normal.

She went to the toilet and cleaned herself up and went to class but before that, she noticed that she got another scratch.

Luz removed her glasses and went out. "Oh my God, who's that beaut!?" "She looks so beautiful!!!" "I want her to be my girlfriend." People started complimenting Luz when she was walking to class.

It was disgusting.

"Human beings disgust me. How can you hate someone then start to love them easily for their appearance?" She clicked her tongue.

Luz was still limping, just a little bit until she came across Amity. "Luz, i'm-" Luz looked at her and paused.

"What are you really going to say? That you're sorry? That I should forgive you?" Luz frowned. "I almost died and you made it worse." Amity noticed a scar, exactly 2 on her forehead.

"I'm really sorry, Luz." Luz clicked her tongue. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can accept your apology." Luz was pained.

Not pained because she couldn't accept her apology, she was pained because those people had influenced her badly.

"Amity. Please, change your ways. Those people aren't influencing you."

"But let me keep my dirty mouth shut so that maybe someone won't dislocate my bone and start asking for my forgiveness."

Then Luz went away.