Chapter 56.

"It is your mother. I really spent a lot of time making those things and she just threw them away like it was nothing. I doubt she knows how to cook."

Luz rolled her eyes and folded her arms in annoyance, as all of them started to laugh at the last statement Luz made.

As they continued to talk to each other, Luz was looking at the window, as she lay on her bed. She remembered those times she would go to the playground with her parents, how they would buy her the finest gifts on her birthday.

She would have enjoyed it more if they rather didn't spend time with her since they were such busy and wealthy people, not them abusing her like she was a thing to be used and thrown away.

Sending her on errands was one thing, but the abuse? There was nothing to be done. Her neighbours didn't help her situation, people around her made fun of her, and she wasn't even able to go to school for a long time.

Because of that, she lost a myriad of friends. She lost trust. She lost... feelings.

Until that one person came into her life.

Life was dark for her, but Amity Blight made that darkness turn to light. She thought it was fate, and indeed, it was.

She knew very well that even if her parents were still alive, and she was still dating Amity, they would forbid it. They would reject it.

Luz felt disgusted at that thought.

Truly, a part of her missed her parents a little, because of how nice, generous, amiable and loving they were. The majority of her would still want them to suffer in hell.

She sighed and shook her head, removing the thoughts from her brain. It was surprising that Luz could even sleep soundly, knowing very well she killed all her relatives, aside from Kendrick, with her own hands.

"Could one of you borrow me your phone for a second? I need to call someone."

They all raised their eyebrows and Willow gave Luz her own phone.

"Who do you want to call? Amity?" Gus whistled and Edric looked at her suspiciously and laughed but Luz shook her head.

"My cousin. Could all of you go? I'll call you back when I'm done."

They looked at each other, stood up and left the room. There was total silence until Luz started to put in his number. Fortunately, she had remembered his number offhand.

It started to ring and Kendrick picked the call.

"Who is this?"

Luz was a tad nervous to speak to her cousin, who had put her in jail; and who she once tried to kill.

His voice was deeper than before and Luz's body shook immediately he asked who he was talking to.

She breathed in and out and started to speak.

"It's your cousin, Luz."

Kendrick gave a little gasp and Luz continued to speak.

"Sorry if I was bothering you, I know you're a busy man. I'll just get straight to the point."

"I'm really sorry for what I tried to do to you. For also killing your mother and father and your siblings. I am in the wrong and I am deeply sorry, Kendrick."

"I know you won't forgive me easily for what I did but-"

Then Kendrick cut her off.

"I understand, Luz. To be honest, I wish I didn't know you were a criminal, I wish I wasn't that detective. I wish I wasn't the one that put you in jail. I'm truly sorry too."

Luz was taken aback by the words he said. Kendrick really changed over those years. She gave a big, broad smile and continued to talk.

"You're the only family I have now, Kendrick. Will you forgive me for being such a half-witted cousin?"

Kendrick laughed and smiled.

"I forgive you. Wholeheartedly."

And for some time, there was silence.

"Also Kendrick... You know about my sickness right?"

"I'm in Los Angeles right now, in a hospital. Doctor William works in this hospital."

"Can you at least pay me a visit sometime? I just want the both of us to talk, like the good cousins we were back then."

Kendrick sighed. He had a lot of work on his hands. Dangerous criminals and a lot more. But he shook away the thought and decided to make time for her.

"Of course. I'll pay you a visit, I promise."

"Thank you Kendrick. I really appreciate it. I hope you have the best day ever."

"You too. You too."

Luz ended the call and dropped the phone on the table that was beside her. She put her hands on her face and she started to sniffle.

Through the door's window, the four of them looked at Luz who was crying, for the first time to them in years.

They went inside slowly and hugged her gently. She cried her heart out.

As for Kendrick, he shed some tears and went back to work. Truly, they loved each other's company when they were young and they wish to do the same.

But the promise that Kendrick made, will it be fulfilled?

Some hours later...

The four of them had left and after Luz finished crying, she went to sleep.

Amity knocked on the door and opened it, slowly. She went to the left side of the room, where Luz was facing. She sat and dropped her purse.

She looked at Luz who was sleeping like a baby. With her ruffled hair, Amity giggled. She ran her hand through her smooth hair and touched her ear.

Her ear twitched and she gently opened her eyes. Luz's brown eyes came in contact with golden ones and Luz yawned.

"Amity?" She had widened her eyes and Amity still kept on running her hand through her hair.

"Mhmm?"

Luz purred like a cat, which made Amity giggle once again.

Amity went closer to Luz and gave her a peck on the lips. She sat upright and rubbed her eyes.

"Did Doctor William tell you what happened?"