Chapter 27.

Luz went back to the house immediately when she finished crying. She cleaned her tears, she didn't want Amity to worry. She sighed and sat down on a chair.

"Is Amity awake?" She thought to herself and stood up and walked to her room. She saw Amity on her bed. She went to her and looked at her face.

It put a smile on her face.

She tucked her hair for her and kissed her on the forehead. She immediately shifted back and looked away, but in pain.

It was painful for her to think that all this would be over. At this point, Luz wasn't even bothered if Amity would support her going to jail or not. Or accuse her of something she didn't do.

"What is done can't be undone." That sentence kept on running around Luz's mind.

Luz swayed her hair back in frustration and when she looked at Amity, she saw Amity looked at her back, still in her sleeping position. "I'm back?" Amity smiled and gave her a hug.

She put her chin on her shoulder and her eyes were droopy, they were blank. But it suddenly lit up when Amity gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"What did you actually do outside?" Luz gave off a laugh that made Amity raise an eyebrow. "Come on Luz." She rolled her eyes.

"Fine." Luz removed the eyepatch and she opened her eye. "Doctor Williams did surgery on my eye today and-"

Amity went closer to her. "Wow, it looks just like the other one!" Luz tried blinking and it worked perfectly. "I'm so happy for you!" She hugged her once again.

"Thank you Amity. I mean, I did protect my girlfriend so, it's the least I could do." Luz stood up and dusted her trousers.

"How about you go brush your teeth and have your bath while I go make breakfast? I haven't eaten too." She nodded like a dog and ran to the bathroom and closed it.

Luz scoffed and shook her head and went downstairs.

...

"Could you tell us the name of this criminal, please?" The detective said with a rough voice. Doctor Williams started to shake and gulped. He snatched the file from them and held it carefully.

"I need proof." The scientist rolled his eyes at Doctor Williams for being like this. "Fine." Then Michael dragged the detective.

"Are you sure we should show him proof!? What if he's working for Glass and reports us to her and she finds a way to alter everything? I've spent years investigating Glass and I know she's very smart!" The detective paused and started to think.

"Come with us." Doctor Williams follows them and Michael is then in shock. "Did you not listen to what I just said!?" The detective smirked and they went to the police station.

...

"Delicious!" Edric exclaimed.

"I got a ticket to Los Angeles. You three should follow me." Everyone paused.

They were in shock that Emira's fork even fell down from her own hand. "What's wrong?" Luz looked around and didn't understand what was going on.

"Are you guys that surprised? It was a prize from winning the 4 sports from the festival." Luz laughed.

"Of course we'll go! I've actually wanted to go to Los Angeles, we have some relatives there." Emira explained and Luz nodded. "I would so and gladly love to meet your relatives." Luz looked at Amity who noticed and started to blush and looked away and Luz started to laugh.

"Or... You guys can go. You can pick someone else to follow me. I've been to Los Angeles for a long time and I don't want to go back again." Luz lied.

She didn't want to go back because she made a lot of enemies there and if they should actually find her out, she would suffer more than how she's supposed to in his town.

"Besides, I would be such a bother." She thought to herself.

Then her negative thinking came back.

They tried to reassure her, that they wanted to go with her but she shook her head. "I even have things to do. You guys should go, alright?"

"Maybe you guys can go next tomorrow? We should enjoy some time together here before you go." Amity, Edric and Emira understood and Luz left.

Luz went up to her room and her hands started to shake again.

"Leaving someone really crushes your soul, doesn't it." She told herself and started to cry.

It's not that she didn't want to go, she wants them to go so that they would forget about her and live a good life in Los Angeles while she would be arrested or even worse, executed by the Prime Minister of France herself.

"I really do deserve this."

Then it became worse.

Luz was hearing laughing voices in her ear and was seeing things... that weren't normal.

But then, she remembered Doctor Williams and what he said. "Breathe in and out." She did so and all of her negative thoughts went like a breeze.

...

"I've not been here in such a long time." Doctor Williams said, as he looked everywhere. He admired the police station despite the fact that he had passed by not one, not two, but more than three people who smelled... terrible.

They got to the scientist's office and they brought out a board. "We've linked everything together."

"The long brown hair..." He started to see everything. "The Nike shoes..." He was in total shoes.

"The brown complexion." This scientist started to laugh like a mad man. "If you still aren't satisfied, see this."

He showed Doctor Williams the machine. "Note that this is Glass's blood and now, look at this paper. This is what I was able to get after a long time of research."

Slowly, Doctor Williams' eyes and mouth started to open, widely.

"Everything matches right?" His hands started to shake, be couldn't speak.

He was at a loss for words.

"She has a lung problem and she gave the good lung to her mother." The scientist looked at Doctor Williams.

"Perfect! Does she have a mother? Oh, I doubt it. Maybe she killed her own mother, maybe also her father." The detective said which made Doctor Williams angry.

He squeezed the paper out of anger and Michael was shocked. "Hey, that was our proof!" Michael exclaimed and the scientist told him to keep quiet.

"We can still print out another paper." The scientist rolled his eyes.

"Little did you know that you've been helping a criminal."

"For you helping Glass, aiding her, which makes her to kill people, you're also doing the same."

"MEANING THAT YOU KILL PEOPLE TOO."