Chapter 42.

2 years had passed and fortunately, Luz had finished some months before. Immediately Luz had given the uniform back to the Prime Minister, she thanked her and Luz left.

"I might as well go back to the old Los Angeles. I really have no home in that town of mine, anyway." She thought as she walked to the airport.

After 11 hours of being on a plane, she had finally arrived in Los Angeles, the place where many many horrible things were about to happen to her but fortunately, didn't.

As Luz started to walk, people stared at her. They admired her figure, her body, her hair, her eyes, despite it being still dark and lifeless.

"Wow, who is that fine babe?"

"Dude, you should definitely go meet her! She looks like someone you can catch."

Luz looked at the boys who were 'whispering' and she rolled her eyes. It was sunny and hot in Los Angeles, what were they doing wearing skinny jeans and black jackets that they zipped to the top?

"People's sense of fashion has really broken." She continued walking but the boy caught up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey girlie, why are you alone? How about you join me? You won't regret it~" He said seducing-like and Luz immediately shifted away.

"Sorry, but I'm not interested in people like you."

She walked away but the man held her.

"Oh God. I hate situations like this."

"And what are you doing?" Luz looked at him and he furrowed his eyes.

"Just come and stay with me, I told you, you won't regret it!" He laughed awkwardly and Luz rolled her eyes.

"It's sad how you're really trying." Luz bent down and escaped his hands. She touched a part of his body and he immediately fell on the ground.

She walked away and his other crew went to meet him and started to shake him as if he was dead.

...

"Ah!" Emira yawned and Amity knocked on her door. She opened the curtains and stretched and she told her to come in.

"I'm really nervous Em!" Amity exclaimed and fell into her arms and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You're so disrespectful. To say a 'good morning' to your older sibling is that much stress now, huh?" Amity giggled and gave her a kiss on the cheek and greeted her.

"Better." She smiled and she shifted Amity back.

"There's really nothing to worry about. It's a normal thing to experience. I have experienced it before."

"Marriage?"

Emira nodded.

"Just because you're going to get married to her this weekend doesn't mean you should be all nervous and anxious. You should be giddy, be happy, be rejoicing that you met someone as amazing as her!"

It actually hurt Emira to say all these things. To know that she had told Luz about this thing years ago and her younger sister is getting married. Emira couldn't even imagine how Luz would act.

But she knew that she would most likely hold back her feelings.

And that hurts deeply.

Emira brought up the topic of Luz as they were talking.

"I heard that Luz has finished her 14 years of imprisonment and 2 years of community service in France!" Amity's eyes widened.

"She was able to survive that?"

Indeed, it shocked Amity Blight. That purple haired woman that paid the scientist was Amity Blight, the woman who had once loved Luz Noceda very much.

"Good for her then." The room suddenly changed and Emira was feeling tense and uncomfortable. She adjusted herself and cleared her throat, immediately changing the topic.

"Hey! How about we go to that store we saw some weeks ago? I saw a lot of beautiful white dresses. Maybe there's one that'll at least fit you."

Amity nodded in excitement and she left the room.

That's when Emira gave a big sigh. Despite being the older sister, she feared her younger one greatly. God forbid will she ever blurt out a word or two that will make Amity furious.

...

"Hey, she's here!" Anne said to Amy and John and they waved at Luz. Luz ran to them and slid on the grass.

John, Amy and Anne stared at her as if she was a stranger that suddenly came up to them. Anne immediately caressed her cheek and looked at Luz.

"What happened to you?" Anne looked worried and Luz grinned.

She sighed, knowing that she couldn't have to hold this thing in secret, even though she had told herself many times, even on the plane that she wouldn't tell anyone about this.

Luz walked with them around the same park that Amity had been with her friends the other time, explaining everything that happened to her.

From the beginning to the end, from head to toe.

Immediately Luz finished talking about her being punished severely and her problems with Amity, they stopped walking and gasped.

"We're so sorry, Luz. That you had to go through all these things and weren't there to help you somehow." Amy hugged her and the other two looked at each other and hugged each other.

Luz didn't smile, she didn't cry, she just stayed like that.

"It's the audacity for that stuck-up rat to just ignore you like that, just leave you like that."

Luz looked at the floor and she didn't dare disagree with what Anne said. By anything, she was right.

Now that Luz was thinking about it, she was actually accurate and right. Amity had acted so nice, so caring, so understandable towards her that she let her feelings pour out to Amity like water.

She wasn't furious, no. She had no words. A part of her knew, that part that always told her to not kill Amity no matter what, that this was most likely to happen.

And that part was gone, and never coming back.

Life was terrible for this woman. This is more than the amount of pain that a normal human being can take.

"Well," She started. "There's really nothing for me to do." Luz started to walk and look at them.

"If I killed her, that would be unreasonable and I don't want to involve myself in that business anymore. If I deceive her, it would be pointless. It would seem like I wanted attention, which I hardly want from a person like her."

Luz scoffed and frowned.

"To think she was the same person that paid that scientist to make that session worse. How am I not surprised."

John, Amy and Anne looked at each other and frowned. There was nothing to do at all, there was no hope at all for this woman.

Nothing at all.