Chapter 48.

Alice had already apologised for what she had done to Luz and Luz forgave her, easing Alice.

Luz saw Alice leave, as Amity was waiting for her. She held her hand and they both walked outside and Luz saw them as they went and left the hospital.

She sighed and looked at the ceiling, raising her hand up as if she was trying to touch the ceiling.

"What am I even going to do next?"

Luz turned her body to the left, looking at both the wall that was painted aqua blue and the window. Outside, there were plenty of palm trees and fog and everywhere was breezy.

Luz sighed once again and she closed her eyes slowly, hoping she would sleep and in less than a minute, she started to sleep.

...

"Did you apologise to her?"

Alice nodded and Amity sighed. "I'm so sorry that this just had to happen. We didn't even spend enough time on our wedding and-"

Alice cut her short.

"Don't say that! I enjoy every single moment with you, even right now."

"If I can only see your smile, I'm happy." Luz had said something similar to this and Amity squeezed her free hand, vividly remembering that memory.

She even thought that this was something that Boscha would do, not her. She didn't know how she changed for the worse, not for the best.

"By the way, what exactly did both of you talk about there?"

Amity's eyes widened at the question and she laughed awkwardly.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me." Alice looked away and Amity sighed.

"She told you that we used to date, that's true."

"But I did something terrible to her. You see, Luz is or rather, was a criminal." Alice kept on listening and didn't dare make a reaction till she finished.

"It was on my birthday that I knew, and they took her to court. When she was at the famous prison in the country I lived in, The Breakout, she called me before."

"I had promised her that I would call her back but I never did. Then between 4-5 years later was when I met you, Alice Monroe."

Alice and Amity sat on a nearby bench and Amity continued the story.

"Then some days later, I found her number and then I blocked her. She was imprisoned for 14 years and in those years, I changed."

"I was always angry at the thought of her putting an act on me when we were dating, and that thought because worse that I came to a conclusion that her love for me was fake, but I was wrong, completely."

"I paid the scientist of that prison to make her pain worse. In that prison, before someone leaves when they have finished their stay in that place, they undergo electrocution."

"I made her pain both electrocution and rusted iron being pierced into her skin."

Alice shifted away in surprise and shook her head.

"Luz Noceda had always saved me whenever she was in trouble. She even lost one of her eyes because of me. I almost got harassed by a gangster but she saved me."

"It's all love, wasn't it?" Alice asked and Amity nodded.

"I asked for her forgiveness but I still feel that she hasn't forgiven me fully, and I completely understand if she doesn't. What I did was completely wrong."

Alice went closer to her and ran her hands across her soft, silky, smooth hair. "It's alright Amity. Everything is alright."

Alice shifted back and rubbed her neck and looked away. "By anything, I feel like she deserves you more than I do. I just appeared into your love story like a villain." She gave an awkward laugh and Amity felt guilty.

She didn't know who to love anymore.

Was it the kind, protective Luz, or the heartwarming Alice? She shook her head from that thought and remembered what Luz had said before.

"One day, you'll come to me for help and if you've changed, I'll see it myself." By anything, Amity Blight needed the help now more than anything.

...

By the time Luz woke up, it was already evening and someone was beside her. She turned to see the person and the person looked at her and caressed her cheeks.

Everywhere was dark but when she was able to open her eyes completely, she saw Amelia.

"Amelia?"

"Mhmm?"

"How did you know I was here?" Amelia dropped her phone and looked at her. "Had a hunch, I guess." She joined her legs together and put her hands in-between as she continued to talk to the woman on the hospital bed.

"I'm sorry Amelia." She said out of the blue and Luz held her hand. Amelia felt Luz's soft hand, shaking and she didn't like that.

"Why are you apologizing?" Luz looked away and sighed.

"My days are limited."

"What do you mean? Everyone's days are limited. There's no one that's immortal." Amelia looked at her and Luz shook her head.

"The doctor of this hospital is a very close friend of mine. He had delivered the news to me long before you came. If I'm not careful, I could just collapse and die at any moment."

Amelia's eyes widened and she started to laugh awkwardly, daring not to believe what Luz had uttered from her mouth.

"That can't be true!"

"But it is." Amelia lost hope and her face fell to the floor. "I'm sorry Amelia. Yes, death is inevitable but I might die an early death. I wish we could spend more time together."

Then there was silence for an hour.

Luz had fallen asleep and Amelia left in total pain.

The Next Day...

"Luz!" Gus, Edric, Emira and Amity came to greet Luz. They saw her looking at the ceiling and Emira waved her hands close to her eyes but there was no reaction.

Gus checked her eyes and saw it was darker than before. They gasped, thinking she had died overnight.

They started to run around, thinking of what to do but they heard a beep sound, relieved that she was still alive.

"What are you guys doing here?" Luz looked at all of them and they have a big sigh.

"Dude, we thought you were dead! How can you even do that?!" Luz tilted her head in confusion.

"Oh, that? I just spaced out for a minute. I wasn't thinking at all, my mind was just totally blank. My eyes get darker when that happens."

Edric coughed and was holding something at the back of his hand.

"Ta-da!" He showed it and Luz opened it and saw a cake.

"Who takes sugary things when they're sick?"