Chapter 60.

After everyone left, Luz ate and drank enough water. She started to talk to Doctor Williams about her current health condition and she was not happy with the reply he had been giving her.

"A nurse had given me a file on your current health condition. I analysed it and she also explained to me about your body."

"She told me that you have darkened urine, fever and you're always exhausted, etc."

Luz was too shocked to say a thing. She only looked at her fingers, as she listened to what Doctor Williams continued to say.

"You understand what I'm trying to say, right?"

"I checked your mother and father's file and they had the SS genotype."

Before Doctor Williams could continue, Luz interrupted him.

"Meaning that I both have the SS genotype and I have a lung disease that was passed on to me from my mother."

Doctor William looked away and nodded. She squeezed her blanket and tears started to fall from her eyes.

He hugged her gently and patted her head.

"I'm truly sorry."

The Next Day...

Finally, Kendrick had arrived in Los Angeles. He stayed over at Luz's house and unpacked. He sighed and took a seat on her couch.

"Wow. Luz is really living the luxurious life." He said to himself. He walked around the house, seeing all kinds of things he had not seen in a long time, and things he had never seen.

It was eye-catching and beautiful.

As he walked into her bedroom again, he saw a note and a gift that was wrapped on a table beside her bed.

He went to it and he looked at the note.

"To Kendrick (if he ever sees this)."

He opened it and started to read it out loud.

"To my dearest cousin Kendrick, I truly apologize for my appalling actions. For destroying your family members, I will suffer the consequences."

"I hope you will forgive such a horrid being. I bought you a special gift that you always wanted. I hope you'll forgive me and love the present."

"Your cousin, Luz Noceda."

He frowned at the message and unwrapped the gift.

There were a whole bunch of things in the package.

He saw self care goodies, an expensive watch, a golden necklace that had his name on it, different books that had his favourite genres, and what he wanted most, a journal.

After he removed everything, he saw a note inside the present, telling him to open the second drawer. He opened it, and saw new glasses and a new phone.

He saw them and smiled. He fell on his knees and tears of happiness came out of his eyes.

He was going to meet Luz, and that day was today, at that moment.

...

Edric, Emira, Willow, Amity, Gus, Gabriel, Arthur and Isabella planned on meeting Luz as a surprise. They all knew it was her birthday and each of them had bought her a birthday present.

Kendrick had messaged Amity and they all came together.

When they went inside the hospital, they saw nurses and doctors moving around, like they were in a hurry.

Gus stopped one of them and asked what was going on.

"Don't disturb me! An important patient is in the operating room and-" He ran away, going back to his work.

"I hope it wasn't Luz that they were talking about." Amity said to all of them and they all agreed.

They went to Luz's room, but no one was there. Doctor Williams wasn't there either. Amity was worried and they all left the room to sit down.

A nurse came to them and looked at all of them. He started to speak and they all looked at him.

"All of you are friends of the patient, Luz Noceda?" They all nodded but Kendrick shook his head.

"I'm her cousin. Is anything wrong with her?" The nurse looked away with pain.

Amity looked at him and told him to reply. Before they all knew it, they saw medical staff coming out of the operating room.

"Family should meet her first."

Kendrick stood up and went to the operating room. He saw Luz's dark eyes and her pale skin.

"Kendrick?" She asked and Kendrick held her fragile hand.

"Did you see my message?" Kendrick started to cry and nodded.

"I really love you a lot, Kendrick. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise. But could you promise me something?"

He nodded and he started to cry more.

"Live a great life. Don't let anyone bring you down. I'm truly sorry for what I did those years, Kendrick."

Kendrick's hands fell on the floor as he put the both of them on his face and started to cry.

All of them entered the room and they all went to Luz.

"Happy Birthday Luz!" They said cheerfully, but there was a tint of pain in their heart.

"Thank you, all of you." She smiled and looked for Amity.

They unwrapped all of her gifts and she appreciated all of them. After all of the gifts, Luz had started to talk.

"I'm sorry everyone. I'm not going to live for long. Today's the end for me." She smiled and they were all sniffing, holding back their tears.

"Its kind of funny how I was arrested on Amity's birthday, and I'm going to die on my birthday." She laughed a little and coughed blood.

"We're sorry too, Luz! For not helping you when you were in need." Edric shouted and Emira nodded.

They all started to cry and Luz comforted them.

After some minutes, most of them left the room, and it was only Amity and Kendrick that was there.

"Amity..." Amity looked at her and she looked back at Amity.

"I'm sorry... For everything. For putting an act around you, for fooling you."

"Just promise me one thing."

"Please, please Amity. Love Alice."

Tears were rolling from both of their eyes and Luz went closer to her, holding her hands.

She kissed her pattionately and Amity cried more.

"Love is a cruel thing, isn't it."

"I'll forever love you, Amity Blight. Even in the afterlife."

Luz cried and fell asleep.

Amity gasped and tried to wake her up, but there was no response. She fell down and started to cry loudly.

It finally came to her that there was no such thing as happily ever after.

Her heart broke, and she couldn't stop crying.

The doctor told the others that Luz had died and they all started to cry their hearts out.

They didn't know how to feel, or what to say. Pain was in all of their hearts, just knowing that someone they treasured, someone they loved so much had left them.

And the present that Amity gave Luz was her beanie.

La Fin.