Chapter 17.

Amity rushed everything and came back breathing heavily. She was at the door, looking around and saw nobody. Until she heard a horn from a car behind her.

"Hey Mittens! Come in!" Amity was shocked and her eyes widened. "Okay, I'm coming!" She immediately grabbed a croissant and a jelly doughnut that was in the kitchen that was still fresh and ran to the car.

"You guys never told me you had a car." Emira and Edric looked at each other. "It's Luz's car. She said we should tell you that she's apologizing for not taking you by herself."

Amity smiled.

"It's fine... Well, let's go to school."

...

Luz started practicing in the basketball court with her other teammates. They were to have basketball first, football second, volleyball third and Luz's speciality, race. It was specifically a 100 meter race; it was like a breeze for Luz Noceda.

"It's time! It's time!" Luz breathed in and out and ran there.

She went to the lockers and changed to her school's sport wear and went to the basketball court.

She saw her opponents and she saw a particular person. "Wait a minute... Isn't that-"

"Luz!" The girl went to hug Luz. But Luz pushed her back. "Leave me alone. Don't talk to me."

The girl frowned.

"I told you I'm sorry-"

"In the next 5 seconds, the game is going to start!"

Luz smirked and got ready.

"5.."

"4.."

"3.."

"2.."

"1.."

...

"We gotta go there, fast!" Amity screamed at Emira's ear and Emira was furrowing her eyebrows in anger.

"Could you just calm down mittens!? We'll get there! Luz said I should drive in a way that her car wouldn't get damaged!" Emira sighed.

"Em, calm down. Amity needs to be there for her girlfriend." Emira kept quiet and Amity started blushing.

"But you guys must have held hands and kissed already, how are both of you not dating?" Edric brought up the topic and Amity blushed and looked away.

She looked outside the window, as she admired nature. The wind was blowing and she saw people pass, having fun, as if it was one of the best days of their lives. She sighed and put her hand on her chin, wishing she was like a bird.

"I can't just summon up the courage to ask her out..."

Emira and Edric kept quiet for her to continue blurting.

"I mean, look at her! She's the embodiment of perfection. She has abs and she can be so flirty, which I love... And the way she kisses me so passionately. It's like she loves me deeply. If only I could find the courage."

Then Edric tapped his phone. "Edric, what did you just tap on your phone?" Edric giggled.

"I just recorded everything you just said." Amity stood up and Emira was driving, as she was trying to collect the phone. "Can you people just keep quiet!?" Emira screamed and they all sat down and kept quiet.

...

"It's a great game so far! The Hexside team is winning! If they can just score two more points, it'll be 107-90!" Luz was breathing heavily and looked around for Amity.

"She's not here... No! I mustn't lose focus." The girl looked at Luz and frowned.

"Luz! Are you sure you're alright!?" She screamed and Luz refused to reply to her. "After what she did, she still wants to talk to me? More like having no shame." She rolled her eye and the whistle was blown.

Someone from the other team caught the ball and passed it to his teammate. One of the players from Luz's team collected the ball and tried to dodge and pass but the opposite team collected the ball and passed to the girl.

Before the girl could dodge, pass or even score a point, the ball wasn't on her hand again. "What?" She looked at her hand and shaked her head.

Luz was with the ball and started dodging everyone. It was like she was faster than the speed of light. She was like lightning.

When the girl tried to block Luz, Luz pretended to shoot the ball and bent in such a way that she went under her and jumped up and scored.

Luz caught the ball and gave it to the referee.

"Oh. My. Gosh. What a marvelous sight! Luz really did dodge them straight up! That's a real sportswoman for you! The winner is Hexteam!" They all carried Luz and threw her up and down.

"Hip, hip, hurray! Hip, hip, hurray!" They screamed and rejoiced like there was a blessing upon them.

"Now don't get your hopes up, Hexteam. We still have 3 other sports. Football, Volleyball and then Racing. Are you all ready for that?" They all nodded.

"I mean, if Luz is here, victory is already on our side!"

...

Amity, Edric and Emira came down from the car after Emira parked and went to the basketball court. "Where's everyone?" Emira looked around and saw a guy that was in Luz's team.

"Sorry to disturb you, but where's Luz Noceda?" He started thinking and remembered. "Oh! She's at the lockers. She should be cleaning up. We just finished the basketball match." Amity was shocked and frowned.

"Come on Amity, you can still meet her." Emira asked for the girls' locker and he told them and they went there.

Of course, they were lockers, then there was a door for showering. Amity knocked on the door and Luz replied.

"Yeah, who is it- Oh, Amity. You can come in."

Luz already changed and cleaned up herself and sat down on a chair that was there and Amity did the same.

"I didn't see you when I was having the basketball match. Did anything happen?" Amity shaked her head. "I'm sorry Luz... That I didn't come earlier..."

She frowned and looked down. Luz scoffed and smiled. "It's alright, Amity. At least, you still came. I should be grateful, shouldn't I?" Luz patted her head.

"What made you come here anyway? Were you that eager to see my face?" Amity blushed.

Then Edric unleased it.

Edric put his phone at the highest volume and slid it under the door. He played the recording and Luz and Amity started listening.

It said what Amity said, word to word and Amity blushed. When it finished, Luz was speechless. She picked up the phone and noticed it was Edric's own.

"I-" Luz couldn't talk.

Luz covered her mouth.

Then she started talking.

"You couldn't summon up the courage to ask me out?" Amity blushed and nodded a little.

"Then since you can't summon up the courage, i'll do it instead." Luz held Amity's chin and Amity turned to look at her.

"I wanted it to be after the festival but here it goes..."

Luz sighed and Amity's heart was beating fast.

"Amity Blight, do you want to go out with me, Luz Noceda and be my girlfriend?" Amity immediately said yes and Luz smiled.

Then Amity held Luz's cheeks with her palm, bringing her closer to her and kissed her.