Chapter 58.

It was the next day and Luz was still sleeping. Despite not doing a thing, she felt greatly tired and decided to sleep.

Doctor William came to give her a balanced diet. He gently knocked on the door and there was no reply. He opened it and dropped the hot food on the table beside her bed.

He covered it and looked at Luz.

"Strange how she hasn't woken up yet."

He checked to see whether she was still alive and she was. He left the room and she was still sleeping.

...

"Okay honey, see you later!" Amity gave Alice a kiss on the cheek and Alice waved her goodbye.

She entered her car and got the car ready. She started to drive and listen to her favourite station on the radio in her car.

"This is MusicFM, 89.0! I'm your host, Jake Anderson, ready to make your day not great, but the best one again!"

Amity had giggled at how cheerful she was. She remembered how Luz would drive Amity with her car, listening to songs that were being played from this particular channel.

There was some calm music in the background as Jake continued to speak, talking about how good the day was before he would start the music.

"Today's a nice day. The birds chirping, the clear blue sky and the beautiful flowers or people we see as we walk by or drive by."

"Enjoy today with some calm music, started with Coastin' by Victoria Monét."

Amity enjoyed the song as she drove by many people, many big and good looking buildings and eye-catching flowers.

Truly, she loved today, knowing at the back of her mind that nothing could possibly go wrong.

"Wow... Imagine listening to this song on a day like this. Isn't it so refreshing for the soul? It's like my spirit just cleansed itself."

"Next song, Deeper Love by Nick Jonas!"

Amity gasped, remembering the time when Luz had told her that he was her favourite artisté. She also admired his love songs. She smiled as those memories came back to her mind.

"I want a deeper love yeah, I wanna feel it every night..."

Amity sang along with her melodious voice. People outside heard it and were even hyping her. She blushed at the compliments being given to her and she continued to listen to the radio.

...

"I wonder when I'll get to see her..."

After the call that Luz had with Kendrick, he had been thinking deeply when to see her. He longed to see his favourite cousin.

Michael appeared to Kendrick and he looked at him.

"What happened? Need me for another case?"

Michael shook his head and smiled. He brought out his hand and Kendrick shook it.

"Truly, thank you. I'm glad I worked with you."

"And I heard about my son, Judas and also your cousin, L. I'm truly sorry."

"And she was right. My son really did turn into a criminal. I wish I had at least listened to her back then, maybe this wouldn't have happened. I'm such a terrible father, I can't even-"

Kendrick put his hand on his shoulder.

"Does a terrible father still take care of his children after his wife died? Does a terrible father work in the police organization for more than 30 years? No."

"Don't bring yourself down, alright? Be the good father you are and continue to support, love and protect your children till your time is over."

"I didn't do so for my cousin and I'm suffering the consequences."

Kendrick smiled and they gave each other a fist bump.

Before Kendrick was about to leave, he turned back and he said something to Michael.

"My regards to your police husband too. He's a real lovable dude." He winked at Michael and left him, as Michael cursed himself continuously for thinking that men were so handsome.

...

Doctor William went to check up on Luz again but she was still sleeping. It was weird because she hadn't moved from that same position since the last time he went there.

"Why isn't she waking up?"

William reached out his hand to tap her but still, she didn't wake up. He decided to shake her but he paused before he did so.

"It would be unreasonable to do that."

He thought and checked the food. It was a little warm but it was getting cold. He frowned and looked at her clearly.

"She can't be in a coma, that can't be possible. Or is it? Or what if she isn't?"

He questioned himself, walking around the room, trying to come up with a theory on why she wasn't waking up.

He opened her eyes and checked, but it looked completely normal.

He checked her temperature, the exact same way it had been the entire time.

"What is wrong with her?"

He checked her pulse and there was nothing wrong with it at all.

He did the things he could think of and there was no problem at all. He left in disappointment and continued to find a cure to Luz's sickness.

"She was right, it's not all rainbows and unicorns."

...

Amity finally got to work and turned off the radio. She saw Mary and greeted her.

"So how's Luz?"

"Hmm... She's alright. I must say, she's a really great person."

Mary smirked and decided to tease Amity.

"You really do love her, do you?" Amity looked away, completely flustered.

"My relationship with her is kind of complicated... I love her and she loves me too but i'm already married and-"

"Maybe it's a 'friends with benefits' type of relationship?"

Amity tilted her head in confusion. She knew what it was, but she didn't understand how it could be relatable to their kind of relationship.

"Even though it was that kind of relationship, I wouldn't want to call it that at all."

"So Amity."

"Between Alice and Luz, who exactly would you pick?"

There was silence for a few minutes. It took time for Amity to process the sentence she said until-

"HAH!?"