Chapter 32.

Edric and Emira looked everywhere around the house but couldn't find her. It was until Edric heard a girl crying outside that he thought it might be Amity.

And he was right.

When Edric and Emira ram outside, they saw Amity crying, as the rain was pouring on her like water.

"Amity! What are you doing outside!? You'll catch a cold!" Emira screamed at her but Edric kept her quiet. He gently carried Amity to the living room.

When they both sat down and comforted Amity, she started to speak. "Have both of you seen the news?" They both shook their heads. "We just woke up." Emira turned on the TV and replayed everything back.

That's when the remote fell from her hand, both of them, totally surprised and shocked. "That little bastard! I told her to protect you and-" Edric stood up in anger but Amity held his clothes and sat back down.

"She's going to be at the court. But she said that I shouldn't go there so I won't see her true colours. Please, don't hurt Luz..." Edric looked at her in pity. Amity held his clothes and he sat back down.

"Amity... I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this. Most especially that criminal! How could I not have seen this!?" He started to blame himself and Emira went to Amity.

"We should all go." She stated and Edric stood up. "I agree with Emira. We should all go. When we're all ready, let's come back here and go."

...

Luz started to whistle in the police car and the police men were bothered. "Geez man, can't you see I'm tryin' to eat a donut over here, huh!?" He shouted like a delinquent.

"Maybe if you drove faster, I wouldn't be bothering you, huh?" The other policeman pointed a gun at Luz's forehead. "Talk one more time and I won't hesitate to shoot."

Luz was surprised but smirked. "Sorry boss. But if you shoot, you'll be taken to prison and hey..." She went closer.

"You don't wanna disobey your little boss, Michael, do you?" The policeman gulped and went back to his normal position, removing his gun from Luz's forehead.

"Better." Then Luz continued to whistle.

"By the way, could you pass a donut? I'm really hungry. You wouldn't want a criminal to die from starvation, right?" The policeman driving sighed and gave her a hand and she took it.

He looked at the mirror and looked back. "How did you-"

Luz smiled.

"It's easy. How can a criminal not know how to remove handcuffs?"

...

"Have you caught her?" The detective asked one of the policemen and he nodded.

Everyone in the office started to rejoice. They were jumping, yodelling, and jubilating. But the detective paused them.

"Yes, it's right we should celebrate but we don't know what might come next. We need to be careful, anything can happen. We're dealing with one of the worst criminals we know. Better safe than sorry." Michael heard and he was happy.

He was at peace. The person who killed his own wife, the person he loved most, will finally be punished. Albert rejoiced with him.

But Michael knew that it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. There's most likely to be a plot twist if it's someone like Luz.

Was she going to bribe the judge? Or skip her way through? Or act all innocent and buy it? Or do some kind of a magic trick and destroy the evidence they have?

None of them knows.

...

"We're ready." They all came back to the living room. They took Luz's car and drove there.

"I swear to God, when I see Luz, I'm so gonna punch her in the face!" Edric shouted out loud, and it started to make Amity feel uncomfortable.

She didn't know how to feel, how to express herself. Was she supposed to support her? Or go against her? She just didn't know.

It was worse because her girlfriend got arrested on her own birthday.

She held what Luz gave her, tightly. What did Luz give her? She gave her a Polaroid camera. It was in a case and Amity finally opened it.

Despite the fact that Luz had been hanging on to it for years, it still looked clean. It was as if Luz had predicted the future, that she was going to give it to Amity.

Amity was going to use it well and made sure that she would take care of it properly.

Then they finally arrived at the court.

...

Luz put back her handcuffs on her hands and the policemen carried her out. They held her tighter than before but Luz was still free. Whatever they did to her or they want to do to her, she wouldn't mind. At this point, her mind was just totally blank.

Before the policemen could even go to the door, the three siblings came out of the car and went to Luz. Edric ran as fast as he could. "You guys, what-" She received a punch on the stomach.

"This is for deceiving my sister!" Edric punched her face. "This is for tricking us all!" He gave her another punch on the stomach. "And this... This is for being born into this world." He punched her in the guts, making her to spit out blood.

She started to cough and the policemen cared less. Edric's hands were stained with little blood and when Luz looked at the other side, she saw Amity.

"Oh... Oh no. Amity, leave! You don't- you don't want to b-be h-" Luz couldn't talk for too long. It felt like an invincible person was holding her throat.

But Amity heard her loud and clear. But refused to answer her.

They all went to the court.

...

Michael, Detective Kendrick and Albert were there. All the people related to the persons that Luz killed were there.

The gangster's family, the relatives of the man who mistakely got Luz's eye removed, even the President of France was there. The security was top-notch as France soldiers and soldiers from that town were there to guard it, including police officers.

After some hours, Luz became better. Michael ordered someone to remove the handcuffs from her hand and she shook her head. "I can do it myself." She removed it and threw it away.

"You can request for-

"I don't need a lawyer. Let's just get this over with." She rolled her eyes.

"All rise!" Everyone apart from Luz stood up.

The judge sat down and cleared his throat. Luz took a closer look at him and noticed something.

"Huh?" The judge also looked at her.

"Isaac, is that you!?"