Chapter 59.

"Why would you ask such a question!?"

Amity turned her flustered face away from Mary and Mary went in front of her.

"Pick one, man. Just pick one!" Mary exclaimed and laughed, as Amity used the documents to hide her face.

"L-L-I-L"

"Come on Amity, say it!"

"I can't say it!" Amity ran away in total embarrassment and Mary snickered. Mary went with Amity to keep on teasing her gullible friend and Amity enjoyed such company.

...

"Something's definitely wrong."

Doctor Williams came back to the room and still saw her sleeping. She was breathing, and he still went over all the tests. It was still the same results it had before but he felt uneasy.

"It won't make sense for her to be in a coma because of a lung disease. Maybe because it's an unknown sickness that it's possible?"

He tapped his feet on the ground and placed his hand on his chin, thinking deeper than ever before.

He sighed and went back to his laboratory to find the cure to her sickness. He was beyond glad that no one in the world had gotten this type of sickness because it was extraordinary.

But he was sad. He was sad because the one who had to get it was like a child to him.

He shook away the thought and tried to find the cure for the umpteenth time.

Once again, he failed. Miserably.

He went back to Luz's room and she was still sleeping soundly. He touched the food and it was cold. He removed the lid he used to cover the food and the food smelled terrible.

"Why wouldn't it smell horrible?"

He held back his vomit and immediately covered the food before anything disgusting or horrid would happen. He went to Luz and squatted.

He touched her and she looked normal.

"Maybe she's those type of people to sleep, even though they do all sorts of things to wake her up."

He stood up and rose his hand.

He slapped Luz hardly on her two cheeks, and she didn't wake up. Not a flinch William saw. He shook his head on how stupid he was for doing something like that and cooled her cheek down.

Luz hadn't moved in the same position for more than 7 hours and this deeply worried him. In his life of being a doctor, he had never seen anyone with a serious case like this, aside from her lung problem.

...

Edric, Emira, Willow and Gus were in Edric's house, sipping tea and talking about how each of their lives were going.

"Yeah, about you and Luz being neighbors when you were all young... Could you explain that? I was really intrigued when Luz mentioned that at the hospital last time."

Edric and Emira looked at each and Emira stood up. "I'll be back."

Then Edric started to speak.

"As you two should probably know, our mother was what you would call a horrid and a terrible parent."

"To be honest, I'm even happy that my father was still able to live with that woman." Edric laughed and cleaned his tears of laughter.

"Before Amity was born, we would always stay indoors. It's not like we even got to go outside after Amity was given birth to anyway, but we got to go out more than we did than before."