Chapter 28.

Police men and police women were eavesdropping on the conversation that the 4 of them were making.

"Meaning that you kill people too." Everyone gasped.

He fell down in complete shock. He had no words. The man was too stunned to speak.

The file fell from his hand and the detective picked it up and looked at it. "Luz Noceda."

When he read the name out loud, he was shocked. "Luz Noceda? I've heard that name before." Unfortunately, there was no picture of her face, which got them at a disadvantage.

"Wait. Luz Noceda!?" The scientist screamed. "Do you know her?" The scientist nodded.

"She's one of the smartest people I've met. Even my friends that are scientists, she's way smarter than them." Michael squeezed his own hand in total anger.

"So that's the woman who killed my wife." He started to laugh like a maniac.

"Oh... She will definitely pay."

...

Luz slept off and she was in a dream.

Everywhere was white, and she started to walk. Before she knew it, she saw herself. It was like a mirror.

Then it started to speak.

"Are you alright?" It asked, in a soft tone.

"I'm not. I live life with fear every single second and I deserve to die. At this point, I won't even be surprised if they take me tomorrow or even right now." Luz sat on the floor and crossed her legs.

Then she sighed.

"Life really isn't fair. But you know this, your parents aren't the one to blame, neither are you." Luz looked at the mirror as it continued to speak.

"You see, this world is a very cruel world. There's good and evil. The evil part of this world would influence the good part, so it can become a part of them too. Maybe that's what happened to your parents."

"But you. You're in-between good and evil. What exactly did you do? Or rather, what have you done?" Luz shook her head.

She raised up one leg and the other was on the floor. She put her chin on her knee and scoffed.

"It's all love. Love made me do this." Then she started to remember Amity.

"It's that girl, isn't it? She's like the light of your life." Luz agreed. Amity was and indeed the light of her life.

It was like how the disciples loved Jesus Christ. Amity was the Jesus Christ, and Luz was the disciples. She adored her, she loved her.

She wanted to do more of Amity, to spend more time with her but time's up.

"Nothing ever lasts forever." She sighed. "You're right." Luz scoffed once again.

"Even if God gave me one more chance and I was able to magically go back to the past, if I even try to convince my parents not to be the bad people they became, they'll shut me up."

"Because I'm a kid." She said in quote and rolled her eyes.

"How can someone's life be so... so messed up?" Luz threw her hands in the air, asking the mirror.

"If my life is this messed up, there's really nothing I can do about it." Luz sighed and stood up.

"Thank you, mirror. Even though you're basically me, you gave some pretty good-" Before Luz was able to finish her sentence, it suddenly disappeared. It vanished.

"advice." Luz walked away. She looked around and everywhere was just white.

She even noticed that she was wearing a white garment and was bare-footed. When Luz continued to walk, she noticed something.

At the other side, it was colourful. It wasn't white, nor black. Very colourful is what it was. Luz crossed over and her white garment suddenly turned colourful.

She saw little children running around, adults talking and laughing. But she was the only one that was lonely.

"This side of paradise isn't so bad." Luz walked around.

She saw a bench and sat on it. Everyone passed her by and no one sat beside her. "Was I ever this lonely?" Luz looked at the floor and thought to herself.

It was sad. Luz was like a stray cat. Unlike most people she knew, she never knew how to "move on." That wasn't her at all. She noticed that when someone leaves her life, things happen to her that make her to remember them.

She started to draw a heart with her toe and started to think about her father, her mother, her cousins, uncles, aunties, grandmother, grandfather and everyone else.

She killed all of them.

With her own bare hands. Her hands were stained with innocent human blood.

...

"This file isn't enough. We need to search. The government has all files of the citizens who live here, correct?" Michael nodded.

"The government actually gave me a shortcut. I can only access that place for serious crisis." He whispered to Detective Kendrick and he nodded.

"Scientist. Could you stay here? The detective and I need to search for something relating to this matter." He immediately nodded and they both went back to the office.

As they walked there, he saw Michael's hand. He was still squeezing it. "So? You know the name of the person that killed your wife. What are you going to do to her?"

"Life imprisonment isn't going into do anything. Not even execution. I'm sorry, but you have to accept the fact that your wife is gone." Michael sighed.

"You're right. But I can't just let it go, y'know?" The detective nodded. "Based on what I know, the judge is most likely to give her... probably 15 or 20 years of imprisonment."

"After killing a lot of people, even from other countries!?" The detective shook his head.

"From this country only. She'll also receive punishment from other countries. They'll probably add 1 year or 2 years for community service or for imprisonment." Michael gave a sigh of relief.

"We're here." Michael put in a code and the door opened.

Michael looked around with the detective and he found the shelf with the letter L. "Luz Noceda, Luz Noceda..." Michael said under his breath.

"I found it." The detective said and Michael ran over to her.

They both breathed in and out, waiting for the evidence. When the detective opened it--

"It's... blank?"