Chapter 14.

Elizabeth and James were still crying even though Michael had tried his very best to comfort them. He sighed and looked at them in pity. "Do both of you want ice cream?"

Their mood suddenly changed.

"Yay, ice-cream!" They jumped and Michael was surprised. "I'll use that in the future." He thought to himself. He bought bubblegum and chocolate ice cream for Elizabeth and James and they took it like they never even knew what happened.

"The person that killed Mommy will regret it, I just know." James said in a low-tone that luckily, Michael heard.

Michael then remembered what Luz said. "If your wife was a killer, one of them will be a killer too." He shook his head.

He can't believe in a criminal... can he?

...

Luz blinked slowly and opened her eyes. Her body was warm, she was comfortable and she was happy to see Amity Blight immediately she woke up.

She would literally God for something like this to happen every single day.

Amity wasn't sleeping, she was playing with Luz's hair and was humming. Luz didn't dare to move. She wanted that moment to last because she felt somewhere in her heart that there won't be another great moment; a better moment than this.

Then Luz bit her neck.

"Ow..." Amity looked at Luz who was smiling. She saw her very white, sharp teeth and Amity held her cheeks. "Did you like the marks I gave you on your neck?" Amity blushed.

"I don't know... Do you think I do?" Luz laughed.

"I mean, I can take more." Luz looked away in surprise. "Are you flirting, Blight?" Amity giggled.

"That's my thing, y'know." Luz scattered Amity's hair.

[Better do whatever the hell you need to do to this girl because I don't think there's a greater opportunity than what is given to you right now]

Luz smirked.

Luz started to move up. "Amity... Can I ask you a question?" Amity nodded and didn't know that Luz was planning to be on top of her.

"If you get this correctly, I'll do 5 things for you..." Luz was going on top of Amity and she started to notice a little.

"What am I thinking right now?" Luz was on top of Amity and Amity started blushing. Amity looked away and Luz looked at her.

"You're missing an opportunity, Blight." Luz laughed and Luz went closer.

"I'll give you 5 seconds."

"5."

"4."

"3."

"2."

"I want to kiss this girl badly." Amity smirked and Luz looked back.

"Huh. Who knew that you would get it? I'm not surprised, you're Amity Blight, the intellectual and beautiful girl." Luz put her nose close to hers.

"So? What do you want?"

...

"I found Glass!" The scientist screamed from his Lab and a police officer called Michael.

"Chief, we might just have the best news of your life."

Michael ran with Elizabeth and James as fast as he could and told them to wait with the receptionist. He ran to the Lab and saw the scientist.

"What's the news!?" Michael screamed. "The scientist successfully found Glass and who he is." Michael was shocked.

"Oh my God." He fell on his knees and started thanking God.

"Finally! We caught him! All I need to do is squeeze that little neck of his and break his bones and-"

"Uh... Chief? Something's wrong." They all looked at the television that showed a clip.

"What do you mean by something is wrong?" Michael held the television and watched with his own eyes. He saw Glass remove his mask but his face was completely covered with something black, like someone had put black paint on Luz's face.

Then something suddenly destroyed the camera that was watching Glass.

"No! When we were just this close-" Michael went on his knees and started crying.

And James saw everything.

James didn't tell Elizabeth, he kept it to himself. Was Luz right about one of his children becoming a killer?

...

"So? What do you want?" Luz shifted back and yawned.

Luz stood up and removed her shirt and Amity was looking. "Could you turn?" Amity nodded and looked away but still took a sneak peek.

She saw a big scar on Luz's back and Amity's eyes widened.

"Luz..."

"You saw it, didn't you?" Luz sighed and sat on the bed.

"Well, there's no point hiding it anymore." Luz swirled her hair back.

"When I was young, my parents were... very abusive. Sorry to say this but my parents were most likely worse than your mother." Luz said with a cracked voice.

"My mother was an alcoholic who would always sleep with other men and my father was always smoking and also sleeping with other women. Even though they both knew, they would still argue every single day and pin the blame on me."

"I shouldn't have given birth to you!"

"Your grades are bad!"

"Go die at that corner!"

"If you die, it's not like anyone will miss you."

"That's what they usually tell me. Every single day. Not even God could save me from my misery." Luz covered her eyes and tears fell from her eyes and Amity frowned.

"So one day, when I came back from school, my father held my hand. He drugged me by putting something in my orange juice and when I woke up, I saw him nude. No single clothes and I screamed for help."

"My mother was obviously outside, sleeping with men. My neighbour couldn't hear me because my voice was so little. I cried that my voice cried."

"My father got tired of me crying so he broke a wine bottle and scratched me. With that, he carried a belt and whipped me."

"Who was I to talk anyway. It was like all my rights were taken by my parents." Luz didn't cry but her voice was cracking.

"I'm so sorry Luz... I'm sorry you had to go through all this." Luz shook her head.

"You're the reason that i'm forgetting about all these things. That beanie... My parents gave me as a present because I begged them. Even though it wasn't good, I still treasured it. That beanie had to be one of the things given to me by my parents."

"Sometimes, I still think about them..."

Amity hugged Luz and Luz couldn't hold it in any longer.

She cried in a way she had bever cried before.

Luz has a scar, doesn't have one eye and her heart... completely hard to understand.

What else will break?