Chapter 47.

Slowly and painfully, Luz tried to adjust herself but it couldn't work. That punch on both of her ribs really damaged her. But she still continued to talk to the doctor.

"Doctor Williams?" Luz called out his name, remembering the first time she had met him.

He was such a good, nice and amiable man, just remembering his face in her mind made Luz happy. Oh, that memory of their first meeting was as sweet as honey for Luz Noceda.

"It hasn't been long, I met you yesterday."

Doctor Williams laughed and he held her hand. He looked at her in pity, seeing how feeble and weak she looked. He then stretched out his hands to touch Luz's cheek and saw the wound.

"These wounds..." Luz turned to the other side.

"Did you manage to talk to her?" Luz nodded and she gave a big sigh. She remembered Alice's face and she gave up. No matter how many things Luz told her, there was no way that Amity could love her back, talk less of associating with her again.

"It was her wife that did this to me." His eyes widened at the word Luz had uttered from her mouth, "wife". He couldn't believe his ears. That word kept on recurring in his mind until he shook his head.

"Wife? Did she get married?"

"Today, some hours ago." Doctor Williams frowned as his pity for the feeble woman in front of him grew more. 'Was love ever going to blossom for this woman again?' He always thought but he doubted it.

He remembered when Luz would always come to his hospital before she was arrested in that country and talked to him about Amity.

How beautiful and mesmerising her smiles were, how her golden glowing eyes would almost make her faint and how giddy she would feel when they would hug or hold each other's hands and how sweet she would feel when they kissed.

And all of that was gone in just a snap.

"Well," he started. "I need to attend to other people. I'll call your friends too, one of them with long green hair has been walking around, worried if you've already died."

Luz immediately knew that it was Emira he was talking about and she scoffed.

Doctor Williams left and he went to them and smiled. "All of you remember me, right? I'm Doctor Williams, from People's Own Hospital in the country you once used to live in."

Everyone nodded and they were hesitant for Luz's result, whether it would be good, bad or even both. They wanted the best, and nothing but the best.

"I have good news and bad news."

"The good news is that fortunately, Luz is alright. If maybe one or two people or even all of you can take care of her, she will be alright."

But everyone waited for the bad news and he sighed and looked at all of them.

"The bad news..." He started. "That punch did really damage her."

"And according to the test I took not quite long ago, Luz won't last. If anything happens, she could die in an instant."

"But there is something she can do. She should do breathing exercises and eat healthy. If possible, she can also do some exercises that can help her lung. At that time, if things can go right, we would have found a cure."

Everyone gave a huge sigh of relief.

"But when you enter that room, do not make any loud noises. Be careful with how you touch her body. And don't hug her too tightly. At this point of time, her body is very sensitive to touch. If you hug her tightly..."

"Not a bone but bones will break." He smiled and waved at them as he immediately went away.

Edric, Emira, Willow and Gus went to the room and Luz saw them and smiled.

"I'm alive."

They all laughed and smiled and went to her and they started to talk and they enjoyed their time.

When they all left, Luz turned her head to the other side and a familiar person was behind her, holding a sharp, long knife.

"You're there, aren't you Amity?" She flinched.

"How did you know?" Luz turned to the other side and she shaked at the sight of the knife but she sighed and calmed herself down.

"You're here with a knife. Perhaps to kill me?"

Amity gulped and held the knife tighter in fear.

Luz layed down in a straight position, her head facing the ceiling and her spreading her arms.

"Go on, do it. But you're going to regret it. This life has been so cruel to me, I might as well not live again."

Amity dropped the knife and she looked at Luz. "Aren't you going to do it? You'll enjoy it, y'know."

Amity shook her head and tears started to roll from her eyes. Guilt and regret filled her heart. She finally understood what she did, and she was completely insane for doing that.

What was in her mind trying to kill someone that did no harm to her? Love was hard, for both of them.

Amity sighed and cleaned her tears and she begged for forgiveness but Luz frowned.

"You were aware of this sickness and you still went ahead to try and forgive me?" Amity felt uncomfortable and looked away.

"Forgive and forget. Sure, I'll try that. I forgive you, Amity Blight."

Amity was surprised how she could forgive her so easily but yet, Luz still felt pained but there was nothing she could do. Amity already had someone she loved and it wouldn't be right to forcefully separate them, no.

Luz started to cough blood and Amity attended to her but she shifted away from her.

"I'm fine." Luz slowly sat upright and looked at her.

"Is there anything you need from me? Luz turned her head to the left and looked upwards, seeing the analog clock. It was 4:56 pm.

"You should be going home with Alice, right? Don't waste your time on a low-life like me." Luz held her cloth tightly in regret of not telling her true feelings. She wanted to object but she couldn't.

After all, she only needed to support them from the sidelines.

Amity wanted to comfort her but there was nothing she could say nor do. Amity stood up and sighed. As she walked to the door, she remembered something.

She turned and asked, "Are we still friends?"

Luz was surprised at the question and gave her a broad and soft smile.

"Yes Amity. Just and only friends."