Chapter 34.

Luz breathed in and out.

"As a child, I had little time to enjoy and more time to suffer. My family was the perfect family, the normal family that people always wanted. Until that day."

"When I was either 5 or 6 years old, when I came back from school, my parents weren't at home. My parents would always come home before me, except from the time that they would travel for their jobs, and if they did, they would've told me and sent someone to take care of me."

Even though the story had gone nowhere, people were already starting to pity her, even sniffing, tears almost rolling from their eyes.

Michael, Albert and Kendrick decided to sit down, to listen to Luz's story.

"My father came back around 10, and my mother came earlier than that. It was their complaining and shouting that made me wake up. Till this very day, I remembered the words that I uttered from my mouth."

"Mommy? Daddy? Why are both of you screaming at each other?"

"I'm so sorry Luz, you can go back-" Then her father slapped her on the cheek.

Luz shifted back and looked at her father. He wasn't that same man again. His tie was loose, and all of his buttons were unbuttoned. He was holding a broken wine bottle in his hand and you could see the grease on his white shirt.

"Shut up woman. And you..." The teddy bear that Luz was holding fell down as her father picked her up, holding her left hand.

"Daddy please... It hurts!" Luz screamed out loud and the man clicked his tongue.

He threw Luz to the wall and blood came out immediately, and it was a lot. He had thrown her to the wall, extremely hard and unfortunately, Luz's body was very fragile, since the day she was born.

To think that she lived under such a man for more than 7 years.

After that day, he would come back around 10, even worse, later than that. Luz couldn't sleep because her mother and father would always be screaming, complaining, shouting at each other.

It was infuriating.

Then she heard the door, shut in a hard way.

Luz looked at Amity.

"It was my mother that left, and my father carried me to a room and almost raped me. But he didn't eventually, which I still thank God for that." Luz sighed and Amity looked at Luz, in total pity.

For 2 days, Luz's mother didn't come back.

After those 2 days, her mother came back and when Luz went to hug her, she pushed her. "Who do you think you are, huh!?" She was wobbling and reeking of alcohol. Luz was worried.

"Mommy? What happened to you?" Luz asked in an innocent tone.

"You! You were the cause! If you were never born, I wouldn't be suffering like this, your father wouldn't have turned like this!" Luz looked at the side and she saw her father smoking.

"Daddy? What is she saying?" She questioned her father. She held her father's leg, as she was short. He shaked his leg, making her to land on the floor.

Her mother started to laugh, also her father. They both looked at each other and nodded. They both gathered around Luz and started to beat her up like gangsters.

Her life had changed since that very day.

She didn't go to school for a very long time. Whenever she would wake up, the first faces she would see wasn't even her face she would see in the mirror, it was her parent's faces. Their frightening, nefarious faces.