Chapter 57.

"What are you talking about?" Said the confused Blight.

"Oh, it seems like you don't know."

Luz coughed and she started to feel dizzy. She started to explain and Amity got the gist. She knew that Judas regretted his actions.

"But are you alright? You've been coughing and-"

She continued coughing blood and her hand was shaking. She saw she wasn't breathing right and immediately brought the ventilator.

Luz gently closed her eyes and Amity looked around for her drugs. She saw a drawer and scattered all of the items that were inside. She found her drugs and placed them on the table beside Luz.

She did the necessary to see if Luz was alright and she was, fortunately for the both of them.

Amity sat down, giving a huge sigh of relief but she started to have negative thoughts, which made her frown.

She raised her hand and separated her fingers, looking at the silver ring that had a diamond on it. She remembered when Alice had told her that she had bought this for more than a million dollars vividly.

She sighed, wishing it was Luz that married her, not Alice.

Indeed, Alice was a great person. Amiable, dependable, great adviser and the best person to meet when you have a problem you really need to solve.

"Maybe it was friendship... not love?"

Amity had questioned herself on and on until she heard her phone ringing. She immediately silenced her phone, so as to not bother the woman in front of her and she picked the call.

"Alice? I am so sorry. I told you I would come home but there was a serious crisis, I needed to help."

Alice rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You're talking about Luz, aren't you?"

"Yes, yes I am and so what?"

Alice squeezed her hand in anger. She was furious, angry that it was only Luz she was talking about. Sometimes, Amity would rant about such a great person
Luz was when they were dating.

"Luz, Luz, Luz, Luz. It's always Luz."

"What are you trying to say, Alice? Just speak. I still need to attend to-"

"That's what I'm talking about! You're still doing it!"

Then Luz's finger moved but Amity didn't notice as she kept on talking to Alice over the phone. She started to open her eyes slowly and looked at Amity.

Amity's phone was on speaker so Luz could hear what they were talking about. Luz acted like she was still sleeping, but Amity had no idea she was awake.

"You're always talking about her, every single time. It's like you care more about her, and less of me. If you love her that much, you should have just married her instead of me!"

Luz's ear twitched at the last sentence Alice made and for no reason whatsoever, she felt like the next sentence Alice was about to utter from her mouth was going to irritate Luz.

A lot.

"It's like you're just shifting me aside. You're always looking at her, and never me."

Alice's voice went down a lot and Amity shook her head in disappointment at herself.

"I didn't mean it like that, I'm so sorry Alice. I just-"

"You know what? I hope she just dies already."

Luz widened her eyes and removed her ventilator. She sat upright and put her hand on Amity's mouth before she could speak.

With Luz's deep voice, she began to speak.

"You want me to die, yeah? That's your wish?"

Alice Monroe immediately started to fear the deep voice Luz had started to speak with.

"Should I remind you something?"

Luz gently removed her hand from Amity's mouth and gave her a sign to not say a thing.

"You're the reason I'm dying. You're the reason I was put in this hospital in the first place."

"Amity's trying to help someone close to her, trying to savour the last moments and here you are, trying to 'control' her?"

"It really seems like since you put that ring on her finger, she's like a thing for you to control."

Alice was too stunned to speak. She tried to muster up the courage to speak, but she just couldn't.

"You're the one controlling h-her!" She began to stutter.

Her eyes widened and her voice became deeper. She laughed and became serious.

"Excuse me? Are you talking?"

"Let me break your heart because it looks like you're begging me to do that to you."

Luz breathed in and started to speak.

"I originally wanted to marry Amity Blight."

"To be honest, I'm sorry I stole your 'woman'. Your wish is going to be granted very soon."

Amity and Alice gasped at what Luz said and she gave a big sigh and shook her head.

"Even though I won't last long in this world, I want other people to experience what I couldn't, to enjoy what I couldn't enjoy."

"Most especially Amity."

Luz looked at her and she continued to speak.

"Just promise me one thing Alice."

"Just continue to love her and protect her. You said so in your vow, didn't you?" Luz scoffed and Alice shed a tear. She didn't know why but she felt like she needed to.

"Passing the phone over--"

"Alice?"

"I'm sorry, Amity. I'm sorry I didn't consider your feelings." Amity comforted her and told her it was alright and she cut the call.

Luz was whistling the lullaby that she made, looking at the window. Amity held her hand and Luz looked at her.

"Luz... What you said, was it true?"

Amity looked away, totally flustered and beet red and Luz nodded.

"Mhmm. I originally wanted to marry you but I knew this sickness of mine could obstruct it."

"And I was right. It really did obstruct it. Including the fact I was kind of a criminal."

Amity looked down and tears started to drop. Luz was surprised and started to look for tissues, unaware of what she was supposed to do in a situation like this.

"You dummy..." Luz cleaned her tears with her clothes and kissed her on the lips.

"Don't cry Amity..."

"I've told you this before and I'm not sure whether you remember but..."

"This sickness is a family sickness, and I'm the one who's going to end it."