Chapter 1

~Brielle's POV~
Alyssa and I just got told to step out of the room so Skylar could talk with Dr. Charles.
"You guys can wait over in the waiting room for now... we'll call you back into her room soon." April said.

"Ok.. thanks." I said.
Alyssa and I sat in the waiting room.
I sighed with my heads in my hands.
"You know where she's going right?" I asked Alyssa.

She nodded her head.
"We need to show her that she has to live. She has so much to live for..." Alyssa told me.
"I know baby... but that's not how she sees it.... She lost her best friend... her twin, her brother..." I explained.

Alyssa looked like she wanted to say something, but then she just stopped herself and just ran her fingers through her hair and sighed.

She looked at her phone.
"Maxx is wanting to know what happened... what do we tell him?" She asked me.

I thought for a moment.
"Just say... Skylar fell and we needed to take her to Med, but she's ok... then maybe we can talk to him about this in person more..." I said.

"Maybe we can call someone to be with them? They're only 13 and 5." Alyssa said.
"Yea... I'll call Jaxson right now..." I said.

I called him.
Jaxson: hey sis... how you holding up?
Brielle: hey um... Alyssa and I had to take Skylar to Med... and we left Maxx and Scarlett home alone... so you think you guys can maybe just go over to be with them or pick them up and take them back to your house?

Jaxson: what?... yea we can head over to your house.. is Sky ok? What happened?
Brielle: It's a long story... I'll explain it to you later..
Jaxson: ok yea I'll um... I'll tell Kenzie and we'll head to your house...

I hung up the phone.
"I knew she was distraught about this whole thing... but... I never thought she was this upset..." Alyssa sighed.
"It's ok... we'll help her.." I said.

~Noah's POV~
I had all the medication on Skylar's gurney. I administered the Ativan into her first. When she knocked out, I looked at all the insulin.

I took a deep breath.
"Have fun with Cameron...." I whispered to her. I know this is what she wants, the desperate, hopeless look she gave me as she was begging for help.

I put in 5 doses, then I heard someone come in.
"Hey Noah, what's taking so-" I heard a voice, then I saw April there.
She looked at all the syringes.
"Noah, what are you-" she started to say but I stopped her.

"She wanted me to do this." I said.
"Noah, you could get fired for this, this is assisted suicide." April whisper-yelled at me.
I looked at all the syringes. I put all the unused ones away and then threw away the used ones.

She grabbed my arm and took me to a consolation room.
"Noah, are you crazy? What are you doing? Why?" She asked me.

"She wanted my help..." I said.
"Noah we're gonna give her help, letting her die isn't the solution." She told me.
"April, come on she was desperate." I said.

"Yes, but she's not in the right mental state to make decisions for herself! Noah, you're the doctor, you're supposed to keep your patients alive!" She raised her at me.

"I was doing what my patient wanted April! I was honoring my patient's wishes!" I raised my voice at her. She rubbed her face.
"What have you given her so far?" She asked me.

"3 of Ativan and 5 bottles of insulin..." I said.
"What? You have to tell Dr. Charles this. He has to understand how bad she is." She told me.
"No! April I'll loose my license!" I yelled.

Then we heard something.
Code Blue Trauma 4
"That's Skylar's room." April said.
We ran out to her room.

Dr. Marcel was already there doing compressions.
"Heart rate is dangerously low... mil of epi." Dr. Marcel told April.
April looked at me and administered the medication.
"Epi's in." She said.

Dr. Marcel got the paddles out.
"Shocking, clear!" Dr. Marcel yelled.
No change.
"Shocking again, clear!" He yelled again.
No change again.

I never did anything, I just stood there, hoping that they wouldn't be able to get a heartbeat back, knowing that all Skylar wanted was to be with her brother again.

"Damn it, come on! Clear!" Dr. Marcel yelled again.
He got a steady rhythm.
"Alright.. good job everyone... let's check on her in about 20 minutes." He said.

He took off his gloves, but before he threw them out, he looked at the trash can. The insulin.
"Dr. Sexton... when Dr. Charles told you to give her some morphine for the pain, what did you give her?" He asked me.

April looked at me.
I swallowed hard.
"I gave her the medication. Morphine." I said.
"Then why are there 5 bottles of insulin in here?" He asked me.

"Maybe it was from the last patient?" I asked.
"April, let's do some routine labs and blood work and on Skylar. Dr. Sexton, come with me." He told me.
We went to the doctors lounge.

"What the hell, Dr. Sexton?" He asked me.
"Ok... yes I did give her insulin... she wanted my help, and I respected my patients wishes." I said.
"You and I both know she isn't in the right mindset to think properly. As doctors, we need to keep our patients alive. You know I could get you fired?" He told me.

I nodded my head.
"Good. Keep that in mind. Assisted suicided is illegal in the state of Illinois." He told me. And left.
Then Dr. Charles came in.
"Hey Noah, I heard what happened with Skylar. You know how that happened?" He asked me.

We sat down at the table.
"She wanted my help... she grabbed my hands and begged me to help her..." I told him.
"Noah... did she ask you to preform an assisted suicide?" He asked me.
I nodded my head.

"Well... it's ok... she's alive now. We're going to help her all we can. Ok?" He asked me.
I nodded my head again.

"I knew she wasn't in the right mind state... but what would you have done if you were in her shoes? She lost her best friend... she was beaten and raped and tortured in that warehouse for a week... I don't blame her for how she felt... she just... she wanted all the pain and suffering to end..." I said, my voice broke a little and some tears fell.

I took a deep breath.
"She didn't deserve this, Cameron didn't deserve this.. they were inseparable. They were best friends. We were friends... I just... I almost killed one of my friends.. I... she needs help... you have to help her Dr. Charles..." I said.

"Noah, calm down. I'm gonna do my absolute best to make sure Skylar gets the care she needs." He told me.
I nodded my head.
"Am I... am I gonna get fired?" I asked.
"You know.. that's really only for Dr. Choi and Ms. Goodwin to decide... but since you technically didn't kill her.. I think you're ok." He told me.

~Brielle's POV~
It's been almost 2 hours and we still haven't been able to go back into Skylar's room yet.
I found Dr. Charles.

"When can we see Sky again?" I asked him.
"You know... we had a little scare with her, her heart rate got really low for some reason, so now she's resting. You guys can go back and sit with her if you'd like." He told me.

Alyssa and I went back to her room.
She was sleeping. Noah came into the room.
"What exactly happened with her heart?" I asked him.

"I- um.. We're um... not sure... she did take a lot of medication, it was probably from that." He said.
I nodded my head.

"She needs help... we're going to help her..." Alyssa whispered to me.
I turned to her and nodded.
"Yea, we are. She's gonna be ok." I told her.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻