Chapter 78

-Skylar is now 38 weeks-
~Skylar's POV~
I woke up to the sun shining in my face through a small crack in the blinds. I'm not even aware of the time, but I just pull the blanket over my face and turn away from where the sun is coming from. Slightly annoyed that I got woken up because I haven't slept good at all these last few weeks, and it's been getting worse. Then I heard some walking in our room so I open my eyes and I see Daniel walking around and getting dressed.

"You're working today?" I yawned.
He turned around and saw me awake.
"Yea, go back to sleep... I'll be home later today." He told me, coming over and stroking my hair.
"Why can't you just stay home?" I asked him, grabbing his hand.

He chuckled under his breath and kissed my forehead.
"I wish I could... I only have 3 more shifts until I'm off for 8 weeks." He said.
"I say you just stay home now..." I chuckled.
"Maybe if you have her today..." he laughed.
"Yea... no. I'd rather her bake a little longer." I laughed.

"You never know, the doctor said you could go into labor at any time now." He laughed.
"Were you early or late?" I asked him.
"According to my mom, I was a week early. What about you?" He asked me.

"I was born early because my mom, Brielle got in a car accident when she was 32 weeks pregnant with Cameron and I... but even though we were both small, we went home within like 3 days." I explained.
"Damn really? How the hell did that happen?" He asked me.
"She fell asleep at the wheel." I explained.

He checked his phone.
"I have to go now. Call me if anything, I'll have my ringer on full volume." He kissed me.
"Maybe I'll come by later. It's not like I have anything to do.." I said.
"Don't come if you don't feel up to it. You need to be taking it easy..." he told me.

"I've been taking it easy this entire pregnancy, I'm pretty sure visiting you isn't going to change anything." I laughed.
"Ok, I really have to go now. I love you." He kissed me.
"Be safe please." I told him.
"I promise." He smiled and put his hand on my face before leaving.

I stayed in bed for probably another 45 minutes trying to sleep some more before I started feeling Gracie kick me in the ribs and then just around my stomach. I rubbed my face and sighed as I felt them, knowing that I probably wasn't going to sleep anymore. I rolled over and saw that it was almost 8:30.

"I guess I'll get up now..." I sighed.
I went to the kitchen and looked in the fridge to see what I can make myself. Maxx has school today, so I'm home alone. Nothing sounded good when I was looking in the fridge and just decided on some yogurt.

About 5 hours later, I was really bored in the house. There was nothing for me to do. The house was already clean and we have her whole nursery done already. I knew Maxx wasn't going to be home soon either because it's a Friday and he had plans to go out after school. I decided to go and see Daniel.

I grabbed my car keys and a jacket and got down to my car. Right before I started the car I got an intense pain in my lower back. Nothing I've ever felt before. My whole body tensed up and it lasted for about 15 seconds.
"What the hell was that?" I whispered to myself.

After maybe a minute, I finally turned the car on and drove to the district. Once I got there, I went inside and went upstairs.
Once I got up the steps, I saw no one except for Liz at her desk.
"Oh my god hi! How've you been?" She asked me as I walked over.

"Hey... my god I need to catch my breath..." I laughed out of breath from climbing the stairs. I sat down at my old desk, catching my breath as I sat there.
"So how've you been?" Liz asked me again.
"Good... and eh. My body is just... done. I can't do anything without being completely exhausted afterwards." I laughed.

"Welcome to the joys of pregnancy. The last few weeks are absolutely the worst..." she laughed.
"Oh yea, I know..." I laughed.
"Does the doctor think you'll go into labor anytime soon? Do you?" She asked me.